View Poll Results: I would like the IT rules to allow removal of dual purpose vestiges.

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

76 58.02%
  • No

55 41.98%
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: A Poll Regarding the IT Rules Set

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    A1GP IT Version.

How do we handle it when Andy on the blue team has Dick Patullo crash on lap 4 to bring out the safety car, handing Jake Gulick the win?
    It's called a team effort!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Interesting that a washer bottle is a lightning rod item...On a drying track, I've found the ability to wash the grime off my windshield a great advantage...And on rain days, the wipers and defroster are particularly useful.
    A few years back I got to drive an EP car in the Illgen enduro. During a wet practice session, I had to use a sponge on a stick to defrost the plexiglass. I'll keep my dual purpose items, thanks....

Tak

Here's a reason to make removal of the heater core manditory, I just recieved this e-mail today:

I just wanted to let everyone know that I spoke with David Alpan a short while ago. For those of you that may not have heard, he suffered second degree burns to his lower legs when his heater core ruptured during practice on Saturday. He was rushed to the ER in Bakersfield , where they gave him some medications, which he took after getting home. He reports that unfortunately he was having more swelling and returned to the ER on Monday, where they admitted him and kept him overnight. He was released today and is resting at home with some antibiotics for an infection in his leg. He will be returning to the Burn Center on Thursday for review and will most likely be requiring a skin graft.

From my short conversation with David, he seems to be in good Spirits and is planning how to repair and avoid the problem in the future and says he probably wont be back on track for a Month or Two, so we can all keep are fingers crossed that he recovers fast enough to see him at WillowSprings.

Matthew Kogan
    San Diego Chapter
    #142 JP

For those still with your heater, how do you know it's structually sound and won't burst?

STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Mine was built by British Leyland. Clearly, it will last forever.

James, while I'm with you in concept, not sure this is a good example (with my sympathies to the driver of course). The rules allow you to block off water to the heater core, so this could be avoided.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

As Jeff mentioend, the rules already allow you to block off and bypass the heater core. FWIW, my car got a new heater core put in it during the build "just in case" the old one was, well, old enough to fail.
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post

For those still with your heater, how do you know it's structually sound and won't burst?
    The temperature and pressure in the cooling system should not be significantly more than any average car on the public roads today. If heater core rupture was a real issue the media and safety bureaucrats would be all over it. Plus, the silly thing is encased is so much plastic (which should not be removed) that the fluid isn't going to spray very far even if it does break.

If you're really that concerned for safety reasons, go ahead an plug it as the rules allow. I'll take mine functional, since a working defroster is critical unless you plan to park it when it rains.

Quote Originally Posted by GKR_17 View Post
    ...If heater core rupture was a real issue the media and safety bureaucrats would be all over it......

If you're really that concerned for safety reasons, go ahead an plug it as the rules allow. I'll take mine functional, since a working defroster is critical unless you plan to park it when it rains.
    If you're not following the discussion on other boards, there's a recall and TSB on replacing the heater core on all e-30 chassis. I'm not running anything in mine at the moment, but was considering running ice water from the cool suit cooler through it. If it were up to me we'd keep the AC and dump the heater

You guys needing heat need to get the cheap three layer suits, I bet you could hike in Antartica in those things and stay warm
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

They had a heater core recall on my car too. I did the update, and have a spare core, just in case. I'm keeping mine filled with hot water. I use it as cooling on cooldown (no rad fan), and warming on cold days.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    A1GP IT Version.

How do we handle it when Andy on the blue team has Dick Patullo crash on lap 4 to bring out the safety car, handing Jake Gulick the win?
    How the F*%k did I get sucked into this one?
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
    How the F*%k did I get sucked into this one?
    You were gone for a week, easy target.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)