View Poll Results: I would like the IT rules to allow removal of dual purpose vestiges.

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

76 58.02%
  • No

55 41.98%
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: A Poll Regarding the IT Rules Set

Just thinking out loud here...has the thought ever come up in an ITAC meeting that maybe, just maybe, some of the IT classes...ok maybe just one of the IT classes...has gotten to be too fast, relative to the other classes? That maybe the performance creep (that has served to make the RX7 obsolete) has exceeded expectations?

I know, I know...I'll go back to my calculator now...
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

OK, what to do about that?

On a side note, I've watched the poll results with interest. At one point, it was over 60% in favor, now it's much closer to 50/50. Also interesting is that there are several comments from those who wanted to change their 'yes' votes to 'no' based on new thinking.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

What happens to any 1st gen class may be a moot point here shortly with Mazda no longer supplying rotor housings for almost a year now and no viable alternatives available.

Tom Sprecher

I had heard that too Tom. Bizarre to me given the number of 12A powered cars out there...what, something like 500,000 1st gen RX7s were made?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    At one point, it was over 60% in favor, now it's much closer to 50/50. Also interesting is that there are several comments from those who wanted to change their 'yes' votes to 'no' based on new thinking.
    But, IMHO the ITAC has greatly influenced the outcome of the poll. I'm not saying that is good or bad, just pointing out that the poll wasn't done in a vacuum. Mutliple ITAC members weighed in, mostly against changes, and that certainly had an effect on some votes.

Ron

OK, what to do about that?
    Geez Jake, I thought that's why they paid you ITAC guys the big bucks...to figure these kinds of things out
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Have you guys ever thought that most of this actually belongs in the NEDIV forum. More and more it looks like most all of the comments / banter starts in that area. Now two or three of us sometimes throwout an opinion from the foreign parts of IT land, but the real guts of the items discussed here are fueled if not born in the upper right corner of the Ol USA. There seems to be a lot of folks up there that are very detailed oriented (or fixated). Hey the NE may be more in tune to the details of what is really important in IT land.... the rest of the country may just be more interested in the actual racing that is on track. I almost never here the stuff discussed here when I am in Atlanta or Ohio or Mizzu, or even on the Left Coast. I am probably totaly off base here, (once again) but it just comes across that way to me.
    This poll (at least as I first read it) was basically a quiz to see if IT racers are to the point that they have common sense. As usual when "rules' come up here, it becomes a William S. Travis moment at the Alamo.

As one of the vote changers (in jest), I did it when the "Leave it the Damn Alone" idea was broached. Halt, Alto, Stop....... IT is fine give things a rest. Yeah I would give up my "common sense" vote (stupid washer bottle & horn) for the PTB to lockdown a little on messing with a good thing.
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    But, IMHO the ITAC has greatly influenced the outcome of the poll. I'm not saying that is good or bad, just pointing out that the poll wasn't done in a vacuum. Mutliple ITAC members weighed in, mostly against changes, and that certainly had an effect on some votes.

Ron

How have they effected it? for days after jake finally came in it stayed around 60% I know I didn't vote for a while, but finally did because I couldn't believe that 60% or more of people were willing to add rules(the only way to allow specific removal) to help the few who may have to buy a new/used hard to obtain washer bottle. My other concerns as i've already said lie in whether the newly allowed removal of items would be figured into a cars theoretically min possible weight for classing. meaning no more heater core/blower, wiper assembly's etc. for some cars. Not to mention the wiring thing which I'm not sure I undertand.. you can repair the harness within the rules now. (just because every wire "needs" repaired on your 70's datsun doesn't mean you can't do it) allowing simpler aftermarket harnesses are only ok till someone uses it to their advantage, which will happen, then you simply drove up the price to play for the majority to make fixing your busted ass old car easier. Headlight removal sounds like a path straight to prod to me.

Ron, I stayed out of it for awhile. And sometimes people's minds change when they hear different sides to issues. It's not necessarily a 'sales job', it might just be that they didn't realize certain facts or angles.

either way, it was just an interesting thing I'd been watching. I'm sure a statistics maestro could make the numbers support many conclusions.
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

I'm sure a statistics maestro could make the numbers support many conclusions.
    As the old saying goes, there are lies, damned lies, and statistics.

either way, it was just an interesting thing I'd been watching. .
    Yep, it is.

I think if I'd limited the list of things to remove to only a couple of items the poll would have gone a bit more to the "yes" side.

I also wonder how the poll would have gone if I'd set it up so the way a member voted was known to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post

How about "Don't make the region have to worry about another class/group."
    Ron, you need to get more involved at the regional level. They add classes because this is a club. If they have enough demand, and it's worth the extra effort and will generate entry fees, it makes sense. That's why each region runs the classes they run.

I fully expect that if 1 driver asked to have his own class without the possiblilty for growth of any kind, it would never happen in any region.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by IPRESS View Post
    Have you guys ever thought that most of this actually belongs in the NEDIV forum. More and more it looks like most all of the comments / banter starts in that area.
    <mumble>

Damn yankees

</mumble>

Tom Sprecher

Tom,
    I was trying to be nice....but you were reading my mind.
    I sort of thought the "war" was over, but IT seems to keep it stirred up!
    I think it is more internet talk than anything, them damn Yankees are okay, they just stay inside too much. I would be cranky too if I had to look forward to 4ft of snow in a few months. Kudzu ain't so bad is it?
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

So, each car gets either blue or gray numbers for the ARRC...? I like it.

KK

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    So, each car gets either blue or gray numbers for the ARRC...? I like it.

KK

Miatas get pink numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjanos View Post
    Miatas get pink numbers.
    By FAR, the best JJJJanso comment ever, LOL.
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

So we have teams...?

North
    South
    I-5 Corridor - Seattle, Portland, SF, LA...?

K

A1GP IT Version.

How do we handle it when Andy on the blue team has Dick Patullo crash on lap 4 to bring out the safety car, handing Jake Gulick the win?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    A1GP IT Version.

How do we handle it when Andy on the blue team has Dick Patullo crash on lap 4 to bring out the safety car, handing Jake Gulick the win?
    Andy and Dick leave racing, and I leave with the trophy!

Andy looks, um...'interesting' in blue glasses, and Dick won't appreciate being compared to Nelson Piquet jr, but hey, I get the trophy, so it's all good!
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region