Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 NARRC Series Feedback

Default 2010 NARRC Series Feedback

www.narrc.com

Drivers,

Please start thinking about the NARRC season for 2010. I have been asked to gather feedback to present to the NARRC committee. What do you like, what can be improved, what would you change? Please send all feedback to me so I can put it into presentation format for the committee.

andybettencourt AT hotmail DOT com

No suggestion is to small or too large. No changes? Total revamp? Few tweaks? Add tracks? Eliminate tracks? Points? Money? Trophies? More races? Less races?

Think about how you would run it. Think about participation. The more feedback the better. Thanks!

(Go ahead and bounce around ideas in this thread if you want to but PLEASE send your official ideas to my e-mail so I can accurately coordinate the data)
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

I personally feel that it is/was a mistake to grow the series to 14 events this year when last year the series was 12 events. Why in the face of a dwindling economy would we ask our racers to do more? The series races too much- period.

I also feel strongly that we should not patronize LRP as heavily and maybe NHMS too if we want to be forward looking (with Palmer).

We need to add more prestige to the series some how or a fledgling series like Team-DI Pro-IT will kill it [NARRC] off rapidly. That BTW is NARRC's real competition and is a very energized and VIABLE alternative to NARRC.

We need to stop using NARRC points as a tool to keep events subscribed. If an event can't stand on it's own (ie Pocono, LRP) then 1.) either get creative with it (Jack's idea's at LRP) or 2.) dump it. Period.

Get rid of regional politicking and do what's right for the series.

And most importantly......I made most of these points (ALONG WITH OTHER DRIVERS REPS) two years ago and none of them got done!! If the series isn't willing to listen to its drivers then don't waste our time asking for input.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Rob I think you need to be more specific on some of your comments.
    In 2009 Narrc ran:
    3 weekends at NHMS (5 races)
    3 weekends at LRP (3 races)
    1 weekend at Pocono (2 races)
    2 weekends at NJMP (2 races)
    1 weekend at the Glen (2 races)
    What do people really want?
    It is a little hard to compare the Pro It with Narrc because Pro It cherry picks the few most popular classes, although admittedly the ones this site cares about.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bro View Post

And most importantly......I made most of these points (ALONG WITH OTHER DRIVERS REPS) two years ago and none of them got done!! If the series isn't willing to listen to its drivers then don't waste our time asking for input.

R
    Rob,

Plenty of suggestions have been put into play over the past couple years. Just because all of them haven't gone your way doesn't mean you should take your ball and go home. Let's all work hard to make this the best series it can be.
    Andy Bettencourt

I think it needs to visit each track once, with a schedule well spread out over the season.
    NJ gets only one race sorry, just like NHMS (NHMS has two courses as well!)
    It needs to be an event with the same schedule/format possibly leaving room to have Pro It.
    Something like Sat. practice/Qual, followed by sprint races. Sunday Pro It practice/Qual, then longer races/ last race of the day is Pro IT.
    At LRP, Maybe do it on July 4th weekend so we can do a Friday/Saturday same schedule.
    Last edited by ner88; 09-01-2009 at 07:20 PM.
    Jerry
    NER South

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Rob,

Plenty of suggestions have been put into play over the past couple years. Just because all of them haven't gone your way doesn't mean you should take your ball and go home. Let's all work hard to make this the best series it can be.

Who's taking their ball and going home??? I've supported the NARRC series more than anyone I know. I've only missed 3 NARRC races in 3 seasons. Thats an attendance of 34 out of the last 37 NARRC races. My support is unprecedented. I think that's an unfair statement. If all of the drivers in our region participated with with my numbers we'd have few problems.

The point's I have made are my own as well as others. If the series wants to improve it needs to listen to its drivers. Why do you think PRO-IT is working so well? Because Bob and Darryl ask questions and listen to answers; and the driver's KNOW it's THE DRIVER'S series. The NARRC feels like the regions' series.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion

I went into this in great detail at specmiata.com. But I will say it here as well.
    I hate the bonus points.
    and my reason..... They don't effect the outcome of the championship, all they do is create a huge point differential aftter a few positions down. all season long the points are innacurate until it has evened out.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    What do you like, what can be improved, what would you change?
    Add Palmer for 2010? Hey, just offerin'...

I'd ask for longer races. Publication in Sports Car. Somebody to write a summary of each NARRC race and publish it. Photos of the podium. Decent trophies. Result upload to MyLaps for all events.

I want a blond supermodel to hand me a cold german beer when I arrive in impound...
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    I'd ask for longer races. Publication in Sports Car. Somebody to write a summary of each NARRC race and publish it. Photos of the podium. Decent trophies. Result upload to MyLaps for all events.

I want a blond supermodel to hand me a cold german beer when I arrive in impound...
    You want them to copy pro IT?
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

- Fewer Races
    - Only one race per track
    - Longer Races
    - No Bonus Points (not needed if only one race per track)
    - Money should be awarded to the drivers at year end
    - Remove Admin Fee
    - Add Palmer in 2011
    - NARRC-OFFs is still last ane only event at LRP for NARRC Points
    Jeremy Billiel

You want them to copy pro IT?
    Pretty much sounds like it. From an outsider's perspective of the NARRC series, it's always seemed like the winner is primarly based upon attendance to events. While that won't be a popular statement to some, I don't think it's so far off from reality looking at the entire group in each class and not just the top three. I looked through the 17 page results, and there really aren't that many people who attend the majority of NARRC events. Top 3 in ITA, 1 in ITB, Rob in ITR, 1 in ITS... Way, way, way too many races especially when considering other big draws such as the IT Fest, ARRC, and Pro IT events. Because of this, the series kinda gets wattered down. It would be much more interesting to have fewer events and more racers truly going after the championship. Take advantage of the NARRC Runoffs at LRP and make it a bigger event. Again, just my opinion but in my eyes that had the stigma of being one of THE events and now is more of just another race at LRP which happens to be towards the end of the year. Now if you do take some the ideas that PRO IT is doing and really focus on a few events (one at each track as others have suggested?), you might get more people following the series.
    Last edited by gran racing; 09-02-2009 at 09:35 AM.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

My support is unprecedented.
    ???? Really?
    Ed Tisdale
    #22 ITR '95 325is (For Sale, $15,000 with spares)
    #22 ITS '95 325is (Converted to ITR)
    #22 ITS '87 325is (Sold)
    #5 ITB '84 318i (RIP)
    Racing BMW's since 1984

For the record, I only have one e-mail. If you want me to compile your thoughts. Send it in!
    Andy Bettencourt

Quote Originally Posted by ed325its View Post
    ???? Really?

How many others can make that claim?

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post

How about having a cold German hand you a blond supermodel when you arrive in impound, instead....Ben...LOL:026:

Ben
    Longer races, how long?
    Would you be willing to write the summary?
    Jerry
    NER South

How many others can make that claim?

R
    In the 20+ years I have been around NARRC I would suggest quite a few.
    Ed Tisdale
    #22 ITR '95 325is (For Sale, $15,000 with spares)
    #22 ITS '95 325is (Converted to ITR)
    #22 ITS '87 325is (Sold)
    #5 ITB '84 318i (RIP)
    Racing BMW's since 1984

The NARRC website (www.NARRC.com) has the points from 2001 to the present.
    This has how many weekends. how many rounds, how many doubles, and who drove what how many times.

Please send Andy your observations, comments and suggestions.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Default question

Could the Regions stand on their own without any series ?????? dave