Thread: Big Picture of IT - Share Your Opinions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote me some posts Travis. You are saying that there are effectively no IT programs that are at National level right now. I submit you are wrong. Nobody has written anything to prove otherwise that I can recall but I look forward to your quotes.

Here is what *I* think a National level program looks like:

- 10/10ths motor program. Thousands in dyno time developing intakes and exhausts. Every legal allowance exploited. Probably have 2 of them
    - Optimization of the reduction of rolling resistance
    - Extra attention to the rediction of unsprung weight
    - Thousands spent on test days gathering data, testing different spring rates, shock settings, bar setting and sizes, develping track specific alignment settings and the never ending quest for the next tenth
    - A rediculously expensive tire program. Usually 6 heat cycles or less on a set of DOT R-Comps
    - A religeous and PROACTIVE maintence program. Replacing items like hubs, pads, rotors, clutches, plugs, wires, coil packs before they fail. A 'nut and bolt' and a alignment check before every race
    - Spares. You can't eliminate every issue. Full spares on suspension, diff, tranny, wheels, tires, you name it - you gotta be ready to replace it at the track

What am I missing?

(Edit - understand that I am being very general in some ares because the application of them is very tedious yet complex)
    Last edited by Andy Bettencourt; 09-07-2009 at 10:40 PM.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967