Quote Originally Posted by MMiskoe View Post
B

Kirk - do I understand this correctly that the "bogey" or baseline car is now being looked at and it doesn't fit the process weight? I really hope I'm wrong. If it is the baseline car it damn well better fit! What am I missing here?

I am well aware that there is room for subjective differences when gathering information about any car. I understand that it would create a shit storm of questions if you published every detail of every car. Although I think it should be published I've realized its in the "ain't never gonna happen" pile. But the collective "they" could publish what they used when classing a new car.
As clearly as I possibly can: The "bogey" cars were left alone - without being run through the math - because the ITAC at the time of the GR saw them running competitively on the track.

Their weights were not changed and a second group of cars was aligned with them, using the process as it was in place at the time. A third group of cars was not even looked at.

In addition to the three-tiered situation, during the time of the Great Realignment the "process" was infused with substantial opportunities for subjectivity. Subjectivity as in, "I think that Civic needs to be heavier than that. It's going to be a class killer if we let it race at that weight."

For these reasons, when cars are run through the current, more constrained and consistent process, they come out different. Just like members have seen - and questioned - cars with similar physical characteristics running at different race weights.

And in the current process, there is room in one place for subjectivity: The power multiplier. And at that, only a tiny handful of the 20 cars waiting for action used anything other than the standard assumption on that factor.

K