Thread: Big Picture of IT - Share Your Opinions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by cooleyjb View Post
    List of CRB from Fasttrack minutes

Bob Dowie, Chairman; Chris Albin, Fred Clark, Jim
    Drago, Dave Gomberg, Russ McHugh, and Peter Keane.
    :eek:

Andy, I have to say, it does sound as if your advocating Yesmanism. For some reason I've never dug deep enough to find out who actually makes up the CRB. My naivety had me thinking it was some wise court of old timer racing geeks.

IT is regional, IT has a core philosophy, and IT is for the membership. What's the fastest way to kill something? Drain the blood out? Take a turn away from core ideals that IT competitors share, the rank and file IT competitor gets a big wet towel thrown on them, they are the life blood of the category. Piss them off and drive them away and you have a failure as immediate as a perforated crank case, up in smoke and screeching to a halt.

It's fairly simple, and utterly obvious based on your statements above, Andy, I have to share the perspective of some of the rest here. If anyone is rubber stamping anyone, it should be the CRB acting on the recommendations of the ITAC, and not the other way around.

The membership is asking for transparency, most have been utterly supportive of the ITAC, understanding that the process in general is time consuming and that you are all volunteers. Now we're all being told that we do not have any representation, and "oh by the way, taxes are gonna go up, so get ready!"

Makes a guy want to vote third party. . .

I didn't design the system, I just volunteer in it. I knew how it was going in and it is the same now as it was then.

I most certainly am not adopting any such viewpoint. All I want people to understand is that there is an issue between the committees that is on the table for debate and when that debate is over, the dust will settle where it may.

I for one, don't care if the CRB tells me to tone it down on BB's, I talk too much on here anyway. . What I do hold dear are a few core principles that *I* believe makes IT great. If the foundation that those principles are built on develops a crack, then I will be the first to step aside and let the CRB do what they do. They are, afterall, responsible for Club Racing.
    Last edited by Andy Bettencourt; 09-19-2009 at 11:43 PM.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Conover View Post
    :eek:

Andy, I have to say, it does sound as if your advocating Yesmanism. .......
    It's fairly simple, and utterly obvious based on your statements above, Andy, I have to share the perspective of some of the rest here. If anyone is rubber stamping anyone, it should be the CRB acting on the recommendations of the ITAC, and not the other way around.

The membership is asking for transparency, most have been utterly supportive of the ITAC, understanding that the process in general is time consuming and that you are all volunteers. Now we're all being told that we do not have any representation, and "oh by the way, taxes are gonna go up, so get ready!"

Makes a guy want to vote third party. . .
    I don't think Andy is being a 'yesman" at all. And I don't think anyone has said anything about no representation, and taxes going up.

I *think* what Andy (and I) are saying is that the ITAC is discussing things with the CRB...and we really don't know much more than that...

I imagine if we and the CRB sat around a table and had a few beers, we'd have a productive conversation. We just need to do that.

As for taxes, representation and all that, it never hurts to talk to your BoD member in person or via email, or your CRB rep. It's my opinion that I work for the CRB, and they work for the BoD...who works for YOU. I work for you then, but I do it via them. I can tell them what you think, and make my recommendations based on my analysis of my dealings and talks with the membership, but the BoD will have the clearest picture if it isn't delivered to them like telephone tag...

I've always suggested, if you like what the ITAC says they are trying to do, tell the big guys, if you don't like it, tell the big guys!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com