Jake,
I respectfully disagree.

Scenario 1:
Lets say I LOVE the Atwood GT in ITA But I decide that I know it most likely is not competitive against the ITA Miata so eventhough I dislike Mazdas I build one anyway so that I am competitive and can race at the front of the field instead of with the other Atwood GTs that are running.

Scenario 2:
Let's say I LOVE the Atwood GT and eventhough I know it won't be competitive I think it has a chance and I really love this car so I am going to take my chances. It doesn't turn out to be competitive and unfourtunatly that was my decision and I suffer the concequenses regardless if next year or 10 years from no the newer Benwood GT gets classified competively and correctly.

Scenario 3:
Let's say I LOVE the Atwood GT and eventhough I know it won't be competitive I think it has a chance and I really love this car so I am going to take my chances. It doesn't turn out to be competitive and I bitch like hell and tell everyone that it isn't fair.

If your this serious about racing do your homework before you build a car. It's not Stability if I build a Miata based on the current rules and they change in 6 months because someone else didn't do the homework. The rules are written, the wieghts are their for everyone to see.

Even my brother is pissed at me but you, me, all of us are not forced to race any particular car. I have the same rulebook as you.
Stephen