Thread: Big Picture of IT - Share Your Opinions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    The key takeaway Kirk from Travis' post is congruent with the misconceptions the CRB has.
    Visa-vis...

Quote Originally Posted by tnord View Post
    now for the REALLY overarching stuff....

1) change SCCA World Challenge Touring car rules to match IT. Currently to do so you would use cars that would fall into the ITR performance window. In the future if cars continue to get more powerful, you might need to yet again create another faster class.

2) top TWENTY classes in participation are eligible for the runoffs, including IT. hopefully you would have world challenge guys showing up.
    The pro guys are already racing for a championship, why would they want to add an amature one to their already busy schedule?

At my last race, too many years ago, I was pitted next to a Koni Challenge GS 993 racer and his student/renter. They were running in ITE same as me, but really the prep level on that GS car was very much like IT, more so than a WC car. After I had my shunt and I get back to my pit spot two green laps go by before the student racer puts two wheels off and the porsche goes into the pit wall which then gets hit by a Super Production (former Southwest Tour) car. This ends the chance of that team entering the next Koni Challenge race in a couple of weeks, as the body is tweeked. So everytime a pro team runs their car there's the chance they're going to push it off the cliff, and if they're a halfway decent team they know this. So what serious pro team would show up for the run-offs?
    Last edited by Z3_GoCar; 08-29-2009 at 02:01 PM.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter