Thread: Big Picture of IT - Share Your Opinions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Right now, IMHO, the CRB and ITAC are using one singular example of a classification to determine the overall philosophy of the class. It's an interesting excersize and will really mold how things are done in the future.
    Wunnerful. IMHO, this is precisely the wrong thing to do... not unlike using the results from a single race to determine whether or not a car is misclassified.

Come back, Kirk!
    Gary Learned
    MiDiv
    Volvo 142E
    http://www.youtube.com/user/denrael

Quote Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
    Wunnerful. IMHO, this is precisely the wrong thing to do... not unlike using the results from a single race to determine whether or not a car is misclassified.

Come back, Kirk!
    Actually, it is a great thing. The way the CRB chooses to handle this one case will set precident for how they could - or will handle other examples like it in the future. It is by this outcome that a continued direction, or new direction will be set. I don't hesitate to say that it will also probably determine who makes up the ITAC...because - as it should be - the ITAC needs to help the CRB carry out their charter and vision for IT.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Actually, it is a great thing. The way the CRB chooses to handle this one case will set precident for how they could - or will handle other examples like it in the future. It is by this outcome that a continued direction, or new direction will be set. I don't hesitate to say that it will also probably determine who makes up the ITAC...because - as it should be - the ITAC needs to help the CRB carry out their charter and vision for IT.
    This almost makes it sounds like none of the current ITAC will be around a lot longer. I'm almost tempted to write/email daily the crb complaining about secretive practices which seem to encouraging using ontrack performance and not the process to control IT classifications. If this is all about the audi... Then the CRB member that made this comment needs to relieve themselves of the position. Kirk wanted people to be informed about the possiblity that competition adjustments, based on, on track performance from a car that wasn't even known to be legal might be taking place. The process by which most of the IT cars have been classed and v2.0 will make sure that all cars have been processed was basically being thrown out the window and stomped on and kirk is ask to step down for telling? Fuck that, that isn't airing dirty laundry that is informing the members of the Club, and remember it is a club, how the club is being run. Without IT members the CRB can deciede whatever they want, and the silent invisible cars will abide.

It's just not as serious as you make it sound. It's not a secret, not going to be a secret or anything like that. The CRB is hopefully going to define for the ITAC how they will operate wrt classifications. It's ok, really. It may certainly impact the tenure of some current ITAC members but in the end, the CRB needs a team that will help them fullfill their charter.
    Last edited by Andy Bettencourt; 09-19-2009 at 04:10 PM.
    Andy Bettencourt

Apparently the GT guys are having problems with the CRB as well.

Wait... wait... wait..

So the CRB says to the ITAC "SCREW YOUR WAY OF DOING THINGS, SCREW THE COUNTLESS LETTERS WE GET SUPPORTING IT, WE ARE GOING TO CLASS CARS THE WAY WE WANT."

And too get that to happen we put people in the ITAC who wont disagree with us, so everything is hunky doory.

(yes it is probably much harsher as i put it, but that seems to be the point of it)

WTF happened to "scca is a club. the club does what the membership wants. we listen to the members."
    Last edited by jimmyc; 09-19-2009 at 05:05 PM.

Oh boy.
    Andy Bettencourt

It's just not as serious as you make it sound. It's not a secret, not going to be a secret or anything like that. The CRB is hopefully going to define for the ITAC how they will operate wrt classifications. It's ok, really. It may certainly impact the tenure of some current ITAC members but in the end, the CRB needs a team that will help them fullfill their charter.
    I'm sorry Andy, but this sure seems like the tail wagging the dog. You make it sound like the CRB needs another group that will validate their methodology. It was my understanding, that the whole reason the AdHoc's existed was to drive things from the bottom up. Not rubber stamp things from the top down, and do a bunch of grunt work.

Sure will be interesting to see what IT looks like in 3-5 years.

Like the Great realignment never happened. I do think that if the answer is to force the ITAC to align it's suggestions with what the CRB wants(tail wagging the dog), we will know soon enough because no matter what is said or done, other members of the ITAC will voluntarily resign soon as well.

Someone wanna PM me on what this "Audi Thing" is all about? I obviously missed in amidst all the poo-flinging...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Someone wanna PM me on what this "Audi Thing" is all about? I obviously missed in amidst all the poo-flinging...
    Member request to revisit the ITB Audi Coupe weight, ITAC ran the numbers, no evidence to use anything other than the SOP 25% power multiplier, recommendation comes out of the process that the car should be listed something like 200 pounds less than its current ITCS weight, recommendation not voted on by CRB and instead returned to the ITAC for "closer look."

K

PS - My phone battery died and my charger is at work, Greg. I'll call you after we get done with some errands this AM, on Laurene's phone.