Hi David. Thanks.
At this point in time, the VW ,ITB cars have traded around for less than 5000$. They all cost at least twice that when built. Exzample the Miata. Cost is about the same to build, and they pass around for 9- 20K. It is all about the value of racing. 40 cars , going the same speed is the best race, regardless of the actual speed.
There must be a lot of VWs sitting around because they are less than competitive , at this point in time. Who wants to spend the entry cash and the weekend, just to drive around with a few midpack cars? Good in it's own sense. But what if.. you had 10 or 20 Vws, all on three wheels, in turn 17?
With the 16V being outclassed in ITA, the Mk 3 on megasquirt, going well in ITB. Maybe it is time to return to the old ," Golf Cup" style of race.
All VW ITB or 16V,ITA cars will be elgible/ If the Mk 3 proves too fast, with squirt, maybe the stock D fant will be allowed.
I am open to suggestions, keeping the racers happy is very important.
I have one car, maybe two. When I get 6 cars, I will approach CFR, SCCA , to put us together and give it a try.
WE will try balance the cars with weight, per the English version., for starting values. I will ask for engine build sheets. The goal will be to help the slower cars get up to speed.
I know that many hate spec car racing. But after racing 30 years,it is not what you race, it is the race among 5 or 6 of your best friends, all waiting for the others to make a mistake, laughing as you go by, the spinning, dirt tossing, car.
These events are the remembered races, not the qualify up front, and drive away races.
Hand signals are mandatory.
MM