Thread: September Fastrack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    But....

What if the Borgwald 2L GTI gets classed with you. It makes the same hp stock as your 20 year old VW and gets the same weight. But, it has a modern engine management system.

Wouldn't you want the opportunity to use similar components? You can still make it work with your dizzy and batch fired injectors. But at least you'll have the opportunity to have what your competitor has.

The past process didn't take into account differences in ECUs. I don't think P 2.0 is either and I'm not even sure it is possible to do so - as you say it'd get into incredible detail that the ITAC should be bothered with and if they are probably don't have the experience/knowledge to make 100% proper calls on (not sure who would!).
    Oh the irony.

I am in that situation. A front running car classed at a favorable power to weight ratio compared to my car, and the class target, that has factory MAF and crank position sensors. I don't believe it will be changed. So I'll work on making me and my stuff, including the hall sender in the distributor triggering the ignition, more competitive and try to win anyway.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Quote Originally Posted by shwah View Post
    Oh the irony.

I am in that situation. A front running car classed at a favorable power to weight ratio compared to my car, and the class target, that has factory MAF and crank position sensors. I don't believe it will be changed. So I'll work on making me and my stuff, including the hall sender in the distributor triggering the ignition, more competitive and try to win anyway.
    Kudos for sticking it out and wanting to make it work. I admire the fact that you actually in that situation and you're not out trying to get the rule changed to your benefit.

I don't have skin in the game either, but I'll disagree with you and say you should not be in the position you're in. Similar power, similar weight, but large differences in available ECU modifications puts you at a disadvantage you should not have to endure.