Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Round 6 & 7 TEAMDI Pro-it; ARCA; TDI Cup

Who will be there for tire support... im gonna need new rubber for 200 minutes!

41 cars and counting. WOOHOO
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Default Over the wall in pit lane.

Will helmets be required for the crew @ this event.
    Thanks,
    Ken

No helmets required for crew or workers in pit lane.

Working on the tire support. I suggest you contact Smarty or TreadZone direct to be safe in the meantime. I will have a firm answer as to who will be there.

There are 42 entries now. We can have 56. Going to be 2 great races on Thunderbolt! In October at the JRRC we will be on Lightning and have 2 races there as well.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

So far it looks like no Rain jackets are required either!

Thursday Night - September 10
    Clear.
    Low: 67°F / 19°C.

Friday - September 11
    Clear.
    High: 82°F / 28°C.

Friday Night - September 11
    Clear.
    Low: 68°F / 20°C.

Saturday - September 12
    Partly Cloudy.
    High: 82°F / 28°C.

Saturday Night - September 12
    Mostly Cloudy.
    Low: 70°F / 21°C.

Sunday - September 13
    Mostly Cloudy With Scattered Light Showers Possible.
    High: 81°F / 27°C.
    Precipitation: 1.03mm (0.04 in)*

Up to 45 and still growing! only 11 more spots before the waiting list starts!

Where are the ITB cars racing this weekend? A bunch ran thunderbolt a few weeks ago and I would love to race with them!

At 50, room for 6 more.

We will be doing a BBQ on Saturday afternoon in the TeamDI pro IT paddock compound. On Friday we will be doing a head count and getting provisions. What do you all want while we are watching the ARCA and VW Jetta TDI Cup race? Who has a grill we can use as the 2nd and/or 3rd grill, we do expect a crowd.

There will be plenty of spectators as well on Saturday.

The BMW Motorsports Collection (ITR driver Rob Thiele) will be making a sponsorship donation to this BBQ.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Weekend Schedule:

http://www.njmp.com/pdf/ARCA_2009_EVENT_SCHEDULE.pdf

There will be illness, pain, mental anguish, and slow death for each one of you rat bastards not standing next to the track during the TDI Cup race, cheering AJ Nealey on...

Just got word - Sunday schedule got bumped up 30 minutes. Race 2 is 9:00-9:45. Appears all the rest of our times are stable.

Still waiting on the finer details of where we will be in the paddock, plus a few other things. With AMA at NJMP this weekend things must be crazy down there.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

So you survived Labor Day, not going to the Cheap Date .... still room at the TeamDI Pro IT at NJMP!

Registration closes 9AM Wednesday. We can still accept a few more. 56 is the limit for Thunderbolt. Registration is at http://www.DLBRacing.com, look under South Jersey Regeion SCCA.

$400 for 200 minutes of track time.
    2 45 minute races.
    90 minutes practice/qualify, 20 minute warmup.

Top 10 in each of the 6 classes (ITR, ITS, ITA, ITB, ITC and SM (includes SSM)) get prize money. BBQ Saturday afternoon.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by rsx858 View Post
    Who will be there for tire support... im gonna need new rubber for 200 minutes!
    If Smarty is not there ( don't think he will be) we can ship tires to you at the track since Treadzone is not a Hoosier dealer.
    philstireservice.com 845-647-7407
    Hoosier/Toyo/Michelin/BFG Amsoil dealer
    Enkei Race Wheels
    Jongbloed SM Wheels
    Apex Race Wheels
    D-Force Wheels
    Race Tire Track Support NASA SCCA

Fri
    Sep 11
    Rain / Thunder
    High 71° Low 62°
    80% chance of Rain :026: Yahhooo love running in the rain! Do we get extra track time since the other guys don't run in the rain

Sat
    Sep 12
    Showers
    High 76° Low 62°
    40% chance of showers UHHH OHHH the old weather gods are messing with us again!

Sun
    Sep 13
    Sunny
    High 80° Low 61°
    0% Chance of anything other than sun

Looks like it is going to be a jam packed great weekend! If anyone is interested I have EXTRA crew spots available and will be happy to add any lurkers here to my list so you can join us. Call my cell if interested as I leave in a few hrs. (No you don't have to wrench on my 25 year old antique!)

Stephen
    603-496-5528

************************************************** ************************************************** ********************************************

ARCA RE/MAX Series Joined By Historic Stock Cars, VW Jetta, and Pro-IT At This Weekend’s South Jersey Building Trades 150

Millville, N.J. (September 9, 2009) - This weekend’s South Jersey Building Trades 150 is the second appearance of the ARCA RE/MAX Series to the 2.25-mile Thunderbolt Raceway road course at New Jersey Motorsports Park. But for fans on-site, the September 11-13 event will contain more action than just the roaring stock cars.

Very different from the over 800-horsepower, thundering V-8 American iron of the ARCA RE/MAX Series machines is the Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup series. During the race weekend, the racecars will consume approximately four gallons of Syndiesel B5 biodiesel blend. Over the course of the season, the racecars will consume only two tanks of fuel during their 30 minute races, running cars nearly identical to the street-going Jetta.

The Volkswagen Jetta TDI series features young, up and coming drivers between ages 16-26 in identical, factory-prepared clean diesel Jetta TDI’s. Each driver competing in the series will earn a Pro Racing license from SCCA at the conclusion of the season. In addition to more than $50,000 in prize money at stake during the season, the series champion will win $100,000.

Philadelphia’s Derek Jones is one of those young drivers who will race twice this weekend, and looking forward to his home race. This season, Jones is currently 10th in the Championship standings on the strength of five top-10 finishes. His best finish of fifth came at the second race of the season at Virginia International Raceway.

“It’s been a bit of a rocky season for me so far,” Jones said. “I’ve been consistent with finishing in the top third of the field, but I feel like I should be farther forward. I’m hurting myself in qualifying and giving up too many starting positions. However, I hope to turn things around at New Jersey. It’s a fast, cut-throat track, and these kinds of circuits seem to suit me best. My goal is to put on a good show for my family and friends that will be at the track to watch me. Hopefully, they’ll be able to cheer for me as I step onto the podium.”

Jones joins Cherry Hill’s Tom Hessert as the hometown favorites this weekend, with Hessert competing in Sunday’s South Jersey Building Trades 150 ARCA RE/MAX Series race.

The two young racers won’t be the only locals involved in this weekend’s race. The Garden State Vintage Stock Car Club will participate in the weekend’s on-track and off-track activities. Members from this and other area historic stock car groups will bring the historic stock cars, ranging from a 1937 Chevy that was raced at the nearby now-closed Vineland Speedway to a more recent NASCAR Sprint Cup car, the No. 29 driven by Kevin Harvick.

As a part of that celebration, legendary racers Elton Hildreth, Bob Rosell, Larry Voss, Sal Mochella, Gill Hearn, Bob Trout, and Carl Griner will be on hand to sign autographs and reminisce about their racing days, including the Vineland Speedway and other regional ovals and short tracks.

The final piece of the road racing activity during the South Jersey Building Trades 150 is the TEAM-DI Pro-IT Series. The Pro-IT series is a Sports Car Club of America sanctioned that welcomes rules and classes for a variety of sports cars. Over 50 cars are scheduled to put on the Pro-IT show during their doubleheader weekend.

Practice and qualifying for the Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup and Pro-IT series will begin on Friday, September 11. The first of two weekend races for each of those series along with practice for the Vintage Stock Car Reunion will take on Saturday, September 12, and all three will race on Sunday.

The ARCA RE/MAX Series will practice and qualify on Saturday, September 12.

The South Jersey Building Trades 150 will cap the weekend at 1 p.m. on Sunday.

Tickets for the South Jersey Building Trades 150 at New Jersey Motorsports Park are available at www.njmp.com or by calling 856-327-7217. Children 12 and under are admitted free to all events at New Jersey Motorsports Park.

Sitting on over 500 acres in Millville, N.J., New Jersey Motorsports Park is conveniently located to Philadelphia, the Jersey Shore, New York and Baltimore, and offers diverse and dynamic motorsports attractions. The facility includes two world-class road courses (Thunderbolt and Lightning), an exclusive motorsports country club known as the Drivers Club, the Breighton Room Restaurant open to the general public, and F1 New Jersey, one of the top karting facilities in America. Opened in July 2008, New Jersey Motorsports Park hosts eight major motorsports events in 2009. The 2009 spectator schedule opened with the Verizon Wireless 250 presented by Crown Royal Cask No. 16 in May, and also includes the Formula X weekend featuring the Atlantic Championship powered by Mazda and a host of Mazda-powered race series, as well as All Revved Up; the debut of the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) Pro Road Race Series, including the American Superbike class and the new Daytona Sportbike program; the return of the ARCA/ReMax Series as the only road course visit on the series schedule; a Ferrari Challenge event and the excitement of two separate Vintage race weekends.

For more information on New Jersey Motorsports Park, F1 New Jersey, Breighton Room, or to purchase tickets, visit www.njmp.com or call 856-327-7217. Children 12 and under are admitted free to every event at New Jersey Motorsports Park.
    Last edited by StephenB; 09-10-2009 at 08:02 AM.

Great love the rain. Saturday sounds like tire lottery, just like last NARRC/MARRS weekend - looking forward to it!
    Rob Thiele - BMW 328is ITR
    www.motorsportcollection.com

Does anyone have a boat I can borrow for qualifying?
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Default Round 6 Results

TeamDI Pro IT Round 6 Results
    NJMP Thunderbolt

ITR

Robert Breault - 24 laps
    Robert Nimkoff - 24 laps
    Ben Phillips - 24 laps

ITS

Matt Rooke - 24 laps (overall winner)
    Jon Allen - 24 laps
    Rob Driscoll - 24 laps

ITA

Marc Cefalo - 24 laps
    Jake Gulick - 22 laps
    Tim Klvana - 20 laps

ITB

Raymond Blethen - 24 laps
    Stephen Blethen - 23 laps
    Dan Hall - 23 laps

ITC

Mike Allenbaugh - 21 laps

SM

Nick Leverone - 24 laps
    David Kupferschmid - 24 laps
    Chip Herr - 24 laps

Greatly improved weather brought lap times down and competiton up. The drying track rewarded proper tire selection.

Looking for a sunny race tomorrow

Terry

I think I can say that everyone is having a great time down here! Lot's of action on and OFF the track (no pun intended. With the Rain and drizzle it has been a very exciting weekend. Interesting to see the top 10 when it rains out

Here is a clip from Qualifying in the rain, came in 9th overall of the 50 car field, and second in class to my brother who qualified 6th! My dad was also ahead of me and 3rd in ITS (Congrats DAD, I know you lurk here! You have always rocked in the rain! To bad you blew the engine up making turn 1 VERY slick in qualifying!
    PS: Nice Slide Mr Rooke :026:
    http://www.vholdr.com/node/44289

The next clip below is the start of the race from 8th overall! It was action packed with sketchy conditions . The video includes a big first lap hit that caved in my door. It put me way off track to practice my skills in what made Audi famous... drifing in the grass and dirt! To bad it isn't AWD though! I was totally pissed at first but I have ZERO hard feelings, all it took was an imdediate apology in impound and hey we all make mistakes, my wife says my mistake is such an expensive hobby with all this risk!
    http://www.vholdr.com/node/44309

Anyway those that picked Dries... very few. Made a wise choice as it dried up fast and left us on those rains searching for water just 10 minutes into the race. My brother picked dries for the front and rains in the rear, seemed to work very well for him! We had 1 full course yellow with Tim K going into the tire wall, not much damage thankfully! and lot's of passing and changing conditions.

Off to bed to do it all over in the AM, but in the dry!
    Stephen Blethen
    2008 TeamDI Pro-IT Series Champion!
    Last edited by StephenB; 09-12-2009 at 11:31 PM.

Having a great time in NJ!!! Will post some video soon... I think I ran most of the race around 5th overall with an ITB car!!! Great fun. The end of the race though the Dirt Stockers on the rear went away and I strugled to keep the car going in the forward position. Still hung on for a great win... I think I was just trying to get to the podium faster to see the new TeamDI ProIT girl!

Off to bed as well, need to be alert so I can watch out for the varying conditions on the track!

Raymond
    Last edited by RSTPerformance; 09-13-2009 at 04:27 PM.
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Default Round 7 Results

TeamDI Pro IT Round 7 Results
    NJMP Thunderbolt

ITR

Bill Ball - 29 laps (new lap record 1:32.726)
    Robert Nimkoff - 29 laps
    Robert Thiele - 29 laps

ITS

Matt Rooke - 29 laps (overall winner) (new lap record 1:33.221)
    Rob Driscoll - 29 laps
    John Hainsworth - 29 laps

ITA

Tim Klvana - 28 laps
    Marc Cefalo - 28 laps (new lap record 1:35.890)
    Jake Gulick - 28 laps

ITB

Ken Hubbard - 28 laps
    Raymond Blethen - 27 laps
    Tim Mullen - 27 laps

ITC

Brian Heun - 25 laps

SM

Nick Leverone - 29 laps
    Chris Kellett - 28 laps
    Brian Cates - 28 laps

Overcast but DRY today. The track was fast (three new course records) and the competiton was great (MOV .281 seconds).

Terry
    Last edited by Terry Hanushek; 09-13-2009 at 04:52 PM.

Back home and with a day of work behind me I have had a chance to reflect on a great weekend in NJ. It was cool to see the TDI Cup cars battle it out...
    Didn't realize that at least 3 of the drivers had Dads that raced in the TeamDI Pro-IT series... and one of them won the TDI Cup race on Sunday

Here is a few clips of the first 4 laps from 3 different Points Of View of the start of the Sunday TeamDI Pro-IT race.

http://www.vholdr.com/node/44407 Stephens view of the first 4 laps with a Helmet Cam POV (Different POV but I think it gives a totally new and "real" experience.) To bad I just keep getting passed! It does show me leading the ITB race for a few seconds as my brother and I go side by side for the first 1/3 of the track... can't beleive I didn't push him a little harder!

http://www.vholdr.com/node/44409 Raymonds View of the first 4 laps with a Bumper Cam POV (up close to the action and gives a great sence of speed!)
    SOME GREAT ACTION WITH THE ONE AND ONLY J GULICK!

http://www.vholdr.com/node/44417 Raymonds view of the same 4 laps only with a camera mounted under the rear wing facing backwards.

Stephen Blethen
    #50 ITB Audi Coupe
    Last edited by StephenB; 09-14-2009 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post

http://www.vholdr.com/node/44409 Raymonds View of the first 4 laps with a Bumper Cam POV (up close to the action and gives a great sence of speed!)
    SOME GREAT ACTION WITH THE ONE AND ONLY J GULICK!

Stephen Blethen
    #50 ITB Audi Coupe
    And I'm sure people are thankful for the one and only part! Not my best driving...I was SURE there was a car on my left several times. And I'd never driven that track dry. Thanks for sharing. At least the car shoots a flame now and then.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Here's some in car footage - I made my very best effort to run give everybody extra room since I was coming up from the back. Run out of storage about 3/4 through. Some good Miata battle footage.

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5988254/15568687

Some out of car footage - no, I don't think I'm winning any Emmy's - just trying to add some entertainment value :-)

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5981436/15552405

Cheers
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion