Thread: Round 6 & 7 TEAMDI Pro-it; ARCA; TDI Cup

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I think I can say that everyone is having a great time down here! Lot's of action on and OFF the track (no pun intended. With the Rain and drizzle it has been a very exciting weekend. Interesting to see the top 10 when it rains out

Here is a clip from Qualifying in the rain, came in 9th overall of the 50 car field, and second in class to my brother who qualified 6th! My dad was also ahead of me and 3rd in ITS (Congrats DAD, I know you lurk here! You have always rocked in the rain! To bad you blew the engine up making turn 1 VERY slick in qualifying!
    PS: Nice Slide Mr Rooke :026:
    http://www.vholdr.com/node/44289

The next clip below is the start of the race from 8th overall! It was action packed with sketchy conditions . The video includes a big first lap hit that caved in my door. It put me way off track to practice my skills in what made Audi famous... drifing in the grass and dirt! To bad it isn't AWD though! I was totally pissed at first but I have ZERO hard feelings, all it took was an imdediate apology in impound and hey we all make mistakes, my wife says my mistake is such an expensive hobby with all this risk!
    http://www.vholdr.com/node/44309

Anyway those that picked Dries... very few. Made a wise choice as it dried up fast and left us on those rains searching for water just 10 minutes into the race. My brother picked dries for the front and rains in the rear, seemed to work very well for him! We had 1 full course yellow with Tim K going into the tire wall, not much damage thankfully! and lot's of passing and changing conditions.

Off to bed to do it all over in the AM, but in the dry!
    Stephen Blethen
    2008 TeamDI Pro-IT Series Champion!
    Last edited by StephenB; 09-12-2009 at 11:31 PM.