Thread: Round 6 & 7 TEAMDI Pro-it; ARCA; TDI Cup

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This looks like it is going to be an awesome weekend from both the racer point of view and the spectator view! I can't wait for what will probably be a race I remember for a long time!

Just to clarify for myself:
    Can we camp in the IT Paddock area?
    Where exactly is that area when looking at the track map?
    Is it the same as what was highlighted for the last TEAMDI Pro-IT race?

Stephen

FYI...
    I really don't get this DLB racesite... maybe I am not used to it but it is soooo confusing!

I tried to get the entry list to make sure I was registered and all I get is
    "1 Registered, No one has registered for this event"

It also says that the registration is closed on the calender view.

Driver registration closes at 9AM Wed, Aug 19th
    Worker registration closes at 9AM Thurs, Aug 20th

Stephen

Took about 20 minutes for mine to show up. I got the PayPal email right away so iknew I did it right.

Going to be fun! We have a meeting with the track tomorrow to go over all the details and get the paddock map.
    Feel free to PM me at Darrell at NeedMoreRacing.com with questions.
    Last edited by dtanthon; 08-19-2009 at 10:47 PM.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Stephen

Just to clarify for myself:
    Can we camp in the IT Paddock area?
    Where exactly is that area when looking at the track map?
    Is it the same as what was highlighted for the last TEAMDI Pro-IT race?
    We expect that we will be able to camp in the Pro IT paddock. We are not certain where that will be yet. We have planned a meeting with track management this weekend at the Summer Thunder regional to hammer out the details. One thing that we have to remember is that we are a support race and have no overall control of the event. If is it in the same place as June it will be a pure coincidence. We'll let you know as soon as we know.

FYI...
    I really don't get this DLB racesite... maybe I am not used to it but it is soooo confusing!

I tried to get the entry list to make sure I was registered and all I get is
    "1 Registered, No one has registered for this event"

It also says that the registration is closed on the calender view.

Driver registration closes at 9AM Wed, Aug 19th
    Worker registration closes at 9AM Thurs, Aug 20th
    Please bear with us - Val did us a big favor by getting the event loaded today since she is also the Registrar for the Summer Thunder regional this weekend. I've dropped her a note and I am sure that the closing date corrections will be made soon.

BTW The hover over box now says '3 Registered, 1 Volunteer'.

See ya at the races ... in New Jersey

Terry
    Last edited by Terry Hanushek; 08-19-2009 at 10:58 PM.

YUP It took about 20 min for me to ubdate as well but it did register me for the event! I was just concerned because when you pay with paypal it goes to a new website then returns but dumps you in a different place with no confirmation you registered. Oh well... new website with new things to learn! Now it's just time for me to learn a new track

See everyone in a few weeks!
    Stephen

All registered. The supps state "the 2.25 mile course will be utilized". There are chicanes that are optional. What will we be using, the 'classic' course, or the chicaned up version?

(I bet the chicaned version.)
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    All registered. The supps state "the 2.25 mile course will be utilized". There are chicanes that are optional. What will we be using, the 'classic' course, or the chicaned up version?

All set and ready to go. Jake I talked to DA at the glen and he said we will most likely be running the classic config. I don't see it being a problem it only takes a few seconds to move some cones. I will be really dissappointed if we don't turn 2 is freakin awesome.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Joe,

You wouldn't happen to have some in car video would you? I kinda sorta trust you and figure you can post a somewhat good post with a crazy (joe) line that works well for us front wheel drive IT cars! I tried searching but the search function on this site seems to be inactive. (Kinda like the recent posts since last visit thing not working...)

Thanks,
    Stephen

Jake

This is one of the details that we need to iron out - we should find out this weekend while we are there for the Summer Thunder regional. We are assuming the 'classic' course because that is what ARCA ran last year. Generally speaking the major series selects the course for the weekend.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hanushek View Post
    Jake

This is one of the details that we need to iron out - we should find out this weekend while we are there for the Summer Thunder regional. We are assuming the 'classic' course because that is what ARCA ran last year. Generally speaking the major series selects the course for the weekend.

Terry
    Well, if I had a vote, I'd vote classic. I know, I don't have a vote.
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Thats weird, I'm not on the list. I registered and got a paypal confirm letter when there were only three registered around noon today.

Whats up with that?
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Thats weird, I'm not on the list. I registered and got a paypal confirm letter when there were only three registered around noon today.

Whats up with that?
    Dunno It took mine about 20 minutes to update and I had to close all my browsers. Then went back in and it updated.

Personally I can't stand the DLB website and I am hoping that in the future SCCA doesn't go to that as a central tool. It looks like they do most races across the country. I love the NESCCA website and find it very user friendly and updates timely.

Glad to hear you are coming... have you convinced Dave to come yet?

Jake

Whats up with that?
    I'll check with Val (Registrar) at the track tomorrow to find out what she can see in DLB.

Terry

Thanks Terry. It's odd, paypal says you got the bucks. I think I did everything right....even gave the workers some bucks for good karma!
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Jake

Jake: Thats weird, I'm not on the list. I registered and got a paypal confirm letter when there were only three registered around noon today.

Whats up with that?
    Terry: I'll check with Val (Registrar) at the track tomorrow to find out what she can see in DLB.
    Val checked during a lull this morning. Your Paypal account was charge but there is no evidence in DLB. We have no idea what caused this situation. She suggested that you register again and this time check 'Pay by check'. Once she sees your entry, she will manually attach it to your Paypal charge.

See ya at Thunderbolt

Terry