Thread: When and where?

Default When and where?

A group of us frosty northerners are considering mounting an excursion next year to see whether we can keep on the same lap with you American types. If we wanted to hit a couple of events over two weeks, and Road America were one of the tracks thats a reasonable distance away (1200-ish miles) what sort of schedule and second track would fit? We are coming from Saskatchewan. Thats the big rectangle north of North Dakota.:cool:

Our IT2 cars sanctioned by WCMA (Western Canada Motorsports Association) are basically SCCA ITA cars. Our licences are accepted by SCCA, so I don't think there should be too many legal/procedural issues with us running there.

Suggestions? Advice?

Jim Barnsley, Streetwise Service
    WCMA IT2 Neon Twincam
    2009/2010 Regional and Alberta IT2 Champion
    2009 Regional Overall Champion. Second this year, dammit.

Awesome idea. I'd think that two of the neatest tracks in the US that are near you (sorta!) are Road America, and Mid Ohio. And since the IT-Fest is one of the three "big" IT races each season, I might try to hit that, and a regional at RA either on the way, or on the return.

If the events are spread apart, leaving a rig could be an option, I bet. Maybe off peak flights could be found cheap. (in the grand scheme of things) Neat idea.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com