Thread: Exhaust System

Default Exhaust System

Im driving my 83 Mazda Rx7. It has a dual pipe header, which runs to a 2:1 pipe, which runs to a 1:2 muffler.
    And that set up is quite loud. Of course i can drown it out with my radio, but i would still like to have some silence while driving. Does any one know of another way i can run my exhaust system to make it quieter?
    Racing isn't just a hobby, its a natural born need.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon.Nutter View Post
    Im driving my 83 Mazda Rx7. It has a dual pipe header, which runs to a 2:1 pipe, which runs to a 1:2 muffler.
    And that set up is quite loud. Of course i can drown it out with my radio, but i would still like to have some silence while driving. Does any one know of another way i can run my exhaust system to make it quieter?
    Mazda Rotaries quiet?
    no way.
    just ask your dad.
    I was right behind him one time going in to turn 1 at nelsons and he de-accelerated and backfired big time.
    Scared the heck out of me, I thought my car blew up or something.
    It was quite loud!

Just turn the radio up, you'll be fine
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #97 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang
    Carbotech/BFGoodrich/Vandersluis Motorsports
    2010 Great Lakes Division ITA Champion
    2012 Great Lakes Division T1 Champion

Two pipes all the way back. Two center presilencers and two mufflers in back.

This is not the best hp-wise, but it's pretty quiet even with straight-through mufflers.
    -----------
    '89 RX-7 ITS

Street car? Full Racing Beat system. Quietest system you're going to find outside of completely stock.
    Chris Ludwig
    GL Lakes Div
    www.ludwigmotorsports.com

Greg, there's top secret switch we all install in our Rx-7's, it's called the 'Hey Back Off' switch

I think we have the dual silencer RB mid section sitting around somewhere, maybe at my dad's. I think at one time I even had the RB dual to one muffler, but I think I might have lost that while 'mowing the grass'

Thanks for everyone's input to my sons inquiries, I've been traveling alot for work and more people making suggestions really helps.

Now hopefully everyone will be as helpful when I finally get around to sorting my car out
    Hillbilly Motorsports
    Just 'Cuz were willing to try it,
    doesn't mean we know what we're doing!

BTW, I like your avatar but is that your brother in front?
    Hillbilly Motorsports
    Just 'Cuz were willing to try it,
    doesn't mean we know what we're doing!

No, don't you remember? that was one of the 10 year olds stomping us in the 50cc Karts...Because someone bought the wrong motors.
    And the thing your talking about, the dual pipe, is at your fathers. I just need time to install it.
    Racing isn't just a hobby, its a natural born need.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Nutter View Post
    Greg, there's top secret switch we all install in our Rx-7's, it's called the 'Hey Back Off' switch

I think we have the dual silencer RB mid section sitting around somewhere, maybe at my dad's. I think at one time I even had the RB dual to one muffler, but I think I might have lost that while 'mowing the grass'

Thanks for everyone's input to my sons inquiries, I've been traveling alot for work and more people making suggestions really helps.

Now hopefully everyone will be as helpful when I finally get around to sorting my car out

Scott - I havent given your son one bit of advice. I dont know a lot about RX-7's but I did learn a lot when we were at Nelson's a few weeks ago.
    See what do I know, Im just one of those Honda guys....
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #97 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang
    Carbotech/BFGoodrich/Vandersluis Motorsports
    2010 Great Lakes Division ITA Champion
    2012 Great Lakes Division T1 Champion