Thread: Labor Day MARRS Registration Open

Default Labor Day MARRS Registration Open

Registration for the Labor Day MARRS races is now open. Back to a 2-sanction event now, you can choose to run either one, or both races. I see they've changed the format from prior years; there will now be a morning qualifying session and an afternoon sprint race (13 laps) both Saturday and Sunday, and then a 20-lap feature race on Monday. The best lap time from either of the Sunday sessions will set the field for Monday's race.

Interesting...for those who haven't done this event before, in prior years the format was two qualifying sessions on Saturday with 16-lap races Sunday and Monday. With the new format drivers will now get 3 races for a total of 46 laps of racing versus 2 races totaling 32 laps...not bad at all. And all for $355.
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Thanks for posting this Earl.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Just a quick update: as of this morning, we had 22 ITA, 19 ITB, and 16 ITS cars coming out to play; we even have half a dozen of those nasty IT7s. If you want to get in on the fun registration closes at noon tomorrow (Wed), so don't wait too long.

As of now the weather man is calling for sun all weekend and temps in the low 60s at night, low 80s during the day time - sounds like a perfect weekend for racing!
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Quote Originally Posted by erlrich View Post
    Just a quick update: as of this morning, we had 22 ITA, 19 ITB, and 16 ITS cars coming out to play; we even have half a dozen of those nasty IT7s. If you want to get in on the fun registration closes at noon tomorrow (Wed), so don't wait too long.

As of now the weather man is calling for sun all weekend and temps in the low 60s at night, low 80s during the day time - sounds like a perfect weekend for racing!
    Hey, I resemble that remark! I assume they're "nasty" because they aren't always in back of you as they should be, eh?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Or is it the way they sound or smell? I'll let you decide if I'm refering the the RX7s or the drivers.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    Or is it the way they sound or smell? I'll let you decide if I'm refering the the RX7s or the drivers.
    Smell could go either way but I was more thinking about the ear-splitting, flame-belching, gas-spewing beasts we have come to know and love

And yeah Jake, you hit the nail on the head - those little buggers always seem to find a way to get in front of me at the worst possible time. Guess I'll just have to try and lap them before I get to the carousel from now on
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Quote Originally Posted by erlrich View Post
    Smell could go either way but I was more thinking about the ear-splitting, flame-belching, gas-spewing beasts we have come to know and love

And yeah Jake, you hit the nail on the head - those little buggers always seem to find a way to get in front of me at the worst possible time. Guess I'll just have to try and lap them before I get to the carousel from now on
    hey, I TRIED to stay out of your way.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com