Thread: WOR Games 2009 Cancelled

Default WOR Games 2009 Cancelled

Due to circumstances outside their control, the WOR SCCA board regrettably announce that its scheduled race meeting at Bluegrass on September 11th, 12th, and 13th, 2009 is cancelled.
    WOR & Bluegrass intend to hold a PDX at the new track on October 31st, 2009. We encourage all prospective participants to experience this new & exciting track.

The next WOR Games race event will be held in 2010.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

Sorry to hear, but thanks for the info. Had this event on the schedule and was looking forward to running the new track. We will be wherever the WOR games is run in 2010!
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

I've been having a lot of people ask me lately if I knew this event was happening or not. It's nice to finally have an answer. Too bad. Maybe one day they'll get around to opening that track. At this pace, I'd be surprised if a Halloween PDX even happens.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Too bad the race got cancelled. Nelson Ledges offered 3 months ago to pick it up since we had the weekend of September 20th open. But I guess it just wasn't meant to be...
    Bryan KF8G
    Nelson Ledges Road Course
    #16 IT7 Mazda
    "There you go man. Keep as cool as you can. Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe, you perceive, the web they weave. And keep on thinking freely"
    Graeme Edge The Moody Blues

Yeah, we needed to keep our committment to Bluegrass past the point it would have been feasible to switch.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.