Thread: New Roll cage Questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gibson View Post
    Only one tube can connect directly to the firewall, but you could still run a triangulated brace that connects to that tube right at the firewall. That would give you much better foot protection and still adhere to the letter of the law.
    I'm about to go read this all for myself, but it seems that some would disagree... :/
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

***Only one tube can connect directly to the firewall, but you could still run a triangulated brace that connects to that tube right at the firewall. That would give you much better foot protection and still adhere to the letter of the law.***

+ 1 on this as ^ stated.

Connect a second or third tube to the ONE tube that attaches to the firewall & all is legal.

Connect a second or third tube to the firewall or firewall mounting plate & your illegal.
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

The usual silly SCCA cage rule BS but David is correct. Not going to turn your question into a rule thread. It has been protested in the past with extra tubes to the firewall point and it stood. ARRC 2002 if I remember correctly. Make the cage safe and go race.

The tube could be a loop with the bent part forward and be one tube. Cage rules have more gray areas than you ever want to see me exploit.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)