Thread: Results from LRP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Results from LRP

any updates? it's killing me not being there, but I work Saturdays. Usually I'd play hooky, but I have a race car to pay for...

Miss you guys!
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

I only know the results for ITB (Pro IT)

Ken Hubbard
    Stephen Blethen
    Tim Mullen

A great day,

Matt Bal

for the itb regional
    stephen
    rick
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

Just got home after a long day of racing!!! For me it was great being back behind the wheel in the Team DI ProIT even though the race ended rather quickly for me... I was happy to qualify 3rd with very old tires and a car that hasn't been worked on in almost a year. I knew something would break since I feally didn't do anything to prep the car other than put the head back on it and hope the "spuder" was gone.

The start was good and I passed several cars going into big bend, we all ran out of track and Ed and I had a bump... Not enough track and noplace for Ed to go, I hope his car didn't suffer to much. After that I was off into the left hander and as I applied the gas it didn't go... I spent the rest of my 1/4 lap trying desperatly to get out of the way as I coasted with a broken cv joint. It was actually fun watching from the uphill and the workers were kind enough to suplly me with some needed water... Thank you!!!

Other things of the weekend:

Ken Payson had a head on impact with another car that had spun and was sitting in the track. He was transported to the hospital, any word on what happened and what his condition is? We are all thinking of you Ken, it's never a good feeling seeing the ambulace take someone away.

The only other negative was no victory laps throughout the day and no checkard flags to take home... For those that have won a race you know how special those moments are, and for those that will win in the future I hope you get to enjoy those moments and the flag for years to come. I was told the region couldn't aford the flags, and to me that's just one more reason regioms should be combined, if a region is in that much trouble... Nevermind not the place or the thread but I will say that I would be glad to pay an extra 2 dollers so my class winner could get a flag.

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by RSTPerformance View Post
    Ken Payson had a head on impact with another car that had spun and was sitting in the track.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlHfGGgTVsc[/ame]

Holy F**K!

As I said over on RRAX, Kenny is twice the driver that most of us punks are, and he clearly couldn't/never saw it coming. Hope he's back plucking trout or whatever from the Salmon Kill soon.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Default Pro-it details

We decided not to run. In view of the Change of format to qualify and possible unable to qualify. Anyhow how did the Split qualify go? How long was the actual Race? Hope Ken is ok and someone will update us on his condition. T Weaver
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Ken and a Lotus Elise hit head on, both drivers were transported to the hospital. As bad as it looked, the Lotus may be repairable. Everything forward of the bulkhead would need to be replaced. The car's structure and the roll cage did it's part.

The track cleanup and waiting for the ambulances to return from the hospital caused a pretty lengthy delay and ate into the length of the Pro-IT race. I think the race was between 25 and 30 minutes long.

Before leaving the track, I did hear the other driver was being released from the hospital. I did not hear an update on Ken.
    Bill Etherington
    NNJR Tech

BTW...Kudos for all in the MOHUD Region for putting on one hell of an event!! A Regional plus and IT PRO imbedded in a National....wow. Just getting all of us in the Regional on the false grid required bending the law of physics. What a great job by all involved(expecially after the deluge on Friday. My hats off to all you folks.

I was told Kenny was transfered to Springfield (Probably Baystate Medical). I will try to follow up the first of the week.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Wow! thanks guys! Sounds like I missed a heck of a weekend

no one to blame but myself though...
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Dick....I experienced some(seems to me)strange RX7 behavior yesterday during our Regional race. Granted it was only my 2nd race, in a new car with some teething problems and trying to be a clean driver and stay out of other's way when at all possible! Watching the blue flags and giving track room.

I passed under the bridge into the apex in Big Bend, hit my apex with no one on my butt and hit track out to the left at the start of the straight. I was hit in my rear bumper and broke my right tail light by the #6 RX7 that came up behind me. Since the whole point of hitting trackout on the left there is to give faster cars room to pass on the straight, I thought it very odd that someone would hit me there...unless they were trying to push me off the track!! Perhaps that was their intent since I'm not the fastest fish in the barrel but this wasn't a case of no racing room. I couldn't have been any further over to the left and one could drive a Sherman tank past me on the right.

Oh well...Live and learn, I guess.

Chris

No official results yet but we(In the 45 car? Group7 ITA,SM,ITB,blah,blah, Regional behaved ourselves. With the exception of a few flying spec pinatas in the start of the race, everything went well. The National group that ran after us got RED FLAGGED!! A Lotus spun and was turned around between 3 and no name and a spec pinata driver hit him broadside. also, I heard that there were 7 or 8 cars off by the end of the IT PRO race. When I wasn't driving, I was in the flatbed with my buddy, Mike George pickin' up the pieces. IN one of the National races, A driver in an EP Healy 3000 broke an axle coming up the hill, pulled off to the infield side, was out of his car and the car was hit in the rear by a flying 914 that lost it coming over the jump!!

Wild parts flying all over.

BruceG

My humble apology to Dave , the driver of RX7 #6 yesterday, Very difficult to hit someone during a race when your car craps out during qualifying. I guess the car that wacked me had a 6 as part of the number. I was trying to control my car in Big Bend and see who hit me at the same time.

I've PM'd Dave and told him he has a free pass to wack me in the next race!

Anyway....so sorry,Dave for the mistake. You're a good guy and a good driver!!