Thread: Interesting issue

Default Interesting issue

Mr (or Ms. ) Webmaster. I found something interesting today about the site. I normally come to www.improvedtouring.com and get the page that includes the most active threads. Well, today I visited multiple times but never saw an update on teh front page. The last thread posted ie the top thread in the active thread frame was this one: https://improvedtouring.com...455#post292455

It never changed for me all day until I hit "todays Threads" link in the masthead menu bar.

about 5:45 pm CST I came to the site from another CPU and had the same result, but the most recent thread was:
    https://improvedtouring.com...ad.php?t=26452

I had figured it was on my end until I visited the site from a different cpu and service provider.

This is not a complaint but I thought you should know about this in case the db is having issues.

Paul
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

I'm experiencing the same issue. I am able to click on the New Posts link above which appears to be working okay.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

I'm having problems as well. Previously, the default location www.it.com showed me the most recent threads - now all I get is Tech talk, rules, etc. I need to dig down to get to the Honda and Northeast threads. I am not aware of root of the issue or what caused the change but I think it stinks.

My two cents... (keep the change)

Mickey
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Me, too!
    Gary Gentry
    NC Region
    #4 IT7/ITA
    2008 CCPS ITA Champion
    2008 SAARC IT-7 3rd Overall
    2009 CCPS IT-7 Champion
    2010 CCPS IT-7 Champion
    #4 Car>>>Sad State of Affairs

Same, here...I think we all need to make a donation to the site to help fix this issue.....semi LOL.

Well, maybe a visual will help.

The first screen is the one you will receive if you enter from www.improvedtouring.com

The second screen is what you get when you hit the "Todays Posts" button.

It may be intentional that they are different but I seem to recall that they were the same. It made my checking in on the site much easier when using my handheld.

Thanks,
    Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Ballance
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z

Nothing has been changed in 2009.
    - Webmaster

If nothing has changed, then perhaps there is an issue with the Database for the forum. It appears that the front page is not reading the "recent posts" count correctly when the query is executed.

Has there been a VB update that could have caused this?

If you look at the dates on the first page I posted, the earliest date is 8/10/2009 @ 6:15 pm by Scott Nutter in the post by his son about an '83 RX7.

If you look at the today's posts image you will see that the earliest post is from yesterday (before I truncated the page with my small monitor display)

In the past, the two pages were identical except that the first image was limited to only the top 10 threads but they were all in descending chronological order. Not jumping back 6 days. IE the first 10 threads listed on the front page was identical to the first 10 threads in a todays post query.

Of course, this is only if you are not logged on the the board. If you log in then the page order changes.

I was only concerned as it may indicate an issue with the data base that could cause long term issues.

Thanks for your support of the board.

Paul
    Paul Ballance
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z