Thread: Colorado or Canyon 5 cyl

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for everyone's insight.

Sheesh, you'd think after after making pick ups with rear drum brakes for, what(?), 80 years(?), GM could figure it out.

Right now I have the perfect tow vehicle for me, but it's getting pretty long in the tooth and my daily driver is nearing replacement time. So I was thinking, maybe I could compromise and have one vehicle to service and pay insurance on.
    Joe Camilleri
    HP Scirocco
    Check out the VW Club Racers Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=309326556818

FYI - As an alternative, I am towing a 3500 pound open trailer using a '07 uplander, 3.9 liter v6. I added firestone airbag springs to rear and KYB heavyduty rear shocks. Works well, its quiet, roomy, keeps all my gear dry, the extended version carry's a ton of stuff, gets about 17 mpg at 70mph plus across the flatlands of wisconsin. Get the '07 as they have heavy duty brakes and tow package trans cooler as standard.

I had a Colorado when they first came out. 4x4 Totally loaded, 4 door 5 cyl. Towed my Z3 to some autocrosses with it on an 18' open steel deck trailer. Truck squatted quite a bit and in general felt unsafe. Power was adequate. Sold it for a new f350 powerstroke in '05. Glad I did. In true U.S. automaker fashion the horsepaower was OK but nothing else was.

I think it's risky; YMMV.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion