Thread: Colorado or Canyon 5 cyl

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Scirocco on an open trailer with brakes, say 3,000# plus race junk. Problem is I don't want to drive a full size p/u or SUV every day.
    Joe Camilleri
    HP Scirocco
    Check out the VW Club Racers Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=309326556818

I drive the 4cyl canyon as a work truck everyday, not a bad little truck. The rears do get grabby after a rain, just like the s-10 did. I didn't need to get my pads/shoes changed until 85-90k. Had a abs sensor ring on the front hub come off (intresting to say the least), transmission went at 120k (4L60E) same thing happened in the s-10. Other than that I've had no problems and I'm approaching 140k after 3years of driving.

As far as towing goes, I would also consider what sort of elevation changes you are going to encounter. I know for a fact my s-10 would not have made the tow from Tampa to Road Atlanta, just didn't have the balls to get up the mountains. The colorado/canyon are also available with a V8 if I'm not mistaken, which might be a better choice. Like a previous poster said look at a full size trucks too. You can get a reg. cab short bed 1500 and have almost the same room as the x-cab canyon. Not to mention would be better towing with the bigger V8.
    Chris

Unsquishable bug on the way!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Camilleri View Post
    Scirocco on an open trailer with brakes, say 3,000# plus race junk. Problem is I don't want to drive a full size p/u or SUV every day.
    I don't plan on driving this truck everyday either, for insurance purposes it is going to limited use, so my insurance don't go up much, and I can have a daily that I want to drive and the beater truck that I have when I need it.
    Last edited by quadzjr; 07-24-2009 at 01:17 PM.
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

It's not just the pulling capability of the truck you need to look at. More importantly is the STOPPING. It doesn't sound like the brakes are really up to it...........
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place