Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: road atlanta ita

And then there are those of us that really suck at Road Atlanta because we never get down there because of a busy schedule. Add to that a car for sale and concrete walls----Bad mix. Go ahead--call me a wuss. That said I now have a car I hate and plan to run this year.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Ditto for me on both points...I am a wuss, and I SUCKED the one time I went to RA.

I may try to go this year, we'll see. Depends on how the car makes it through Goblins Go.

Right now, it's not running again (distributor signal! argggghghhh....Lord please send me a crank sensor for Christmas!)......

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    And then there are those of us that really suck at Road Atlanta because we never get down there because of a busy schedule. Add to that a car for sale and concrete walls----Bad mix. Go ahead--call me a wuss. That said I now have a car I hate and plan to run this year.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by RexRacer19 View Post
    What were his lap times? What is the lap record?
    Not to change topics, I saw you out at Fridays test day, I work flagging for Road Atlanta, your car is quick! I had an ITC Civic that body style, did they change them to ITB? Are you running the DPFI D series engine?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon T. View Post
    Not to change topics, I saw you out at Fridays test day, I work flagging for Road Atlanta, your car is quick! I had an ITC Civic that body style, did they change them to ITB? Are you running the DPFI D series engine?
    Jeff is cheating tooo!!!!!!
    ITA Integra | 05 Mazda3 | 03 Mini
    http://www.tomhoppe.com

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    Sounds like yer callin's some guys out Tom!!! LOL
    Absolutely am. The ARRC is the "IT National Championship". If you are from California, I understand. If you are in the SE. Sorry, I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck baader View Post
    And, no, I was not outrunning them on the straights...I could pull most cars off T7 until the bridge, then most everyone pulls me from there to T10a. I just wave bye/bye to the fast "S" cars....can't even stay close to the draft.
    Thats exactly what I was talking about. Middle of the straight, pretty much every car in ITA should wave bye bye to you

I really wanted the rubber match with Hoppe. I beat him at Barber, he beat me at RR...this was to be the rubber match. Can't count the last ARRC as he did not finish. Now we'll have to do it at BarberChuck
    This subframe is gonna suck. We'll see what happens, but we might not hang out again until the ARRC depending on how stuff goes. Too bad

-Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Simon T. View Post
    Thanks. The ITC car is a STD hatch with a 1.5 DPFI motor. The DX trim level hatch runs in ITB (as of 2008). Same 1.5 DPFI with a different cam and a 5-speed. This was my first time at Road Atlanta...I think I fell in love with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    Right now, it's not running again (distributor signal! argggghghhh....Lord please send me a crank sensor for Christmas!)......
    Son, you need to ask for a new race car for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    Son, you need to ask for a new race car for Christmas.
    At this pace, I'll have an ITA car for sale. Hey, its as fast as most of the S cars

Yeah, but I heard about your car! LOL
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    Since I've never been, I am going to jump in and say that for us in NCR, we have Goblins Go the last weekend in October, the 13 hour and then (if we choose to go) the ARRC.

That's just too much in a row for us, and has been the prime (if not only) reason not to go to the ARRC.

I'll be there at some point. Each year I say I won't run the 13 hour, and each year an opporutnity to do so come up and I do that. Most of the NCR guys -- me, Ron, Steve E., Ricky T., etc. -- do that.

If the ARRC could be pushed back, or the 13 hour up, that would be a big deal for all of us in getting there more often.
    Jeff,

.... You hit the nail right on the head.................. I was actually going to go to the ARRC last year right up to the point when that Sorry $%&@##!*! TOYO blew up and took out the left rear corner of my BMW.....

......And I really wanted to go to the ARRC

..... Oh , and by the way ( just to stay on topic ) Chuck has got a fast ride ( I know I have driven it ) and he knows how to wheel it pretty darn good to.

Thanks Ricky B,,,(oh, I can't say that:eek and on top of that, you are the only person that has driven it and not blown the motor Chuck
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    Steve, I come from CT, and I suck to START with compared to you pros!

One thing that is a recurring theme: Too many races.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

And, no, I was not outrunning them on the straights...I could pull most cars off T7 until the bridge, then most everyone pulls me from there to T10a. I just wave bye/bye to the fast "S" cars....can't even stay close to the draft.
    [/quote]

I can vouch for that. I was with you on the back but you lost me pretty quickly while I was trying to get away from the Milano. Great driving!
    timo

When the green flag drops the BS stops!

Seriously, I hope if I ever had this concern I would be man enough to confront my competitor in the paddock and if did not get satisfaction I would visit the race stewards with my checkbook in hand.

Lynn
    Trussville Braintrust Racing
    Team Physician

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Steve, I come from CT, and I suck to START with compared to you pros!

One thing that is a recurring theme: Too many races.
    I agree with the too many races. Not sure what we are pro at yet.:eek: I have raced at Road Atlanta one time since they "took our dip away". Sounds like a really bad country song doesn't it? Looking forward to getting back there.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)