Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: road atlanta ita

Default road atlanta ita

Did anyone else see the ITA e30 BMW that was outrunnig ITS and ITR cars on the straights last weekend?

What were his lap times? What is the lap record?

Quote Originally Posted by sedivracer View Post
    Did anyone else see the ITA e30 BMW that was outrunnig ITS and ITR cars on the straights last weekend?
    And you are suggesting the car, driven by Chuck Badder is....?????

Do you know anything about the car? The size of teh engine? The power curve? The torque to the wheels? The gearing?

or your name?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Chuck's a good driver with a well built car. He ran 43/44s looks like, and the track record is a 42 flat.

I've run against Chuck in my S car and Ron's 260z.....he's got good handling and brakes, but gives up some ground to the best S cars at the end of the long straights, as he should. I thought he and Tom Hoppe's car were pretty rough "equals," and yes they are very good and yes they are good enough to beat most S cars.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Even a 44 is impressive in that (presumed) heat. Should be interesting come November!
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

I wasn't there, but that's Chuck Baader. The car has some serious torque, but Chuck's also a hell of a driver. Hoppe would've been right there with him in his Integra if he didn't bust his subframe.

David
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region

Quote Originally Posted by sedivracer View Post
    That's some tough insinuations for an anonymous first post..........

Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Even a 44 is impressive in that (presumed) heat. Should be interesting come November!
    Jake, it was nice and in the mid-80s this weekend. A pleasant surprise.

Classic.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Yea, pretty bad anonymous first post.

a) Chuck's car doesn't outrun anyone on "the straights". Maybe "out of the corners".
    b) If I ever DO see Chuck's car outrun mine starting with the middle of the straight, I'll be the first to kick him in the nuts

44s in the heat are right where ITA should be. The 43.6 in the Saturday race though was VERY VERY impressive considering thats 0.3 faster then Chuck ran at the ARRC last year and it was damn toasty during that race. Maybe he got a draft that lap or something, not sure. A 43.7 in the nice early morning qualifying Sunday, thats right on pace. I qualified at a 42.8 last year in the cool morning, but could only do a mid 44 in the heat.

Considering tweaking to everyone's car, we should all be around the track record of a 42.0 during qualifying for the 2009 ARRC.

Last but not least, Chuck belongs to a select group of fast ITA cars, that actually comes to the ARRC with the intent of winning/podium. When that happens, everyone finds out everything about your motor. That right there is pretty much the main reason I can run with Chuck and say "yup, if his car is that fast, its legal, cause otherwise, he wouldn't be trying to win the damn ARRC with it"

-Tom
    Last edited by trhoppe; 07-20-2009 at 02:09 PM.
    ITA Integra | 05 Mazda3 | 03 Mini
    http://www.tomhoppe.com

Quote Originally Posted by trhoppe View Post
    Yea, pretty bad anonymous first post.

a) Chuck's car doesn't outrun anyone on "the straights". Maybe "out of the corners".
    b) If I ever DO see Chuck's car outrun mine starting with the middle of the straight, I'll be the first to kick him in the nuts

44s in the heat are right where ITA should be. The 43.6 in the Saturday race though was VERY VERY impressive considering thats 0.3 faster then Chuck ran at the ARRC last year and it was damn toasty during that race. Maybe he got a draft that lap or something, not sure. A 43.7 in the nice early morning qualifying Sunday, thats right on pace. I qualified at a 42.8 last year in the cool morning, but could only do a mid 44 in the heat.

Considering tweaking to everyone's car, we should all be around the track record of a 42.0 during qualifying for the 2009 ARRC.

Last but not least, Chuck belongs to a select group of fast ITA cars, that actually comes to the ARRC with the intent of winning/podium. When that happens, everyone finds out everything about your motor. That right there is pretty much the main reason I can run with Chuck and say "yup, if his car is that fast, its legal, cause otherwise, he wouldn't be trying to win the damn ARRC with it"

-Tom
    Freakin' GREAT post.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by trhoppe View Post
    , Chuck belongs to a select group of fast ITA cars, that actually comes to the ARRC
    -Tom
    Sounds like yer callin's some guys out Tom!!! LOL
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Thanks, Tom, you are right about the draft...lucky to get behind two "S" cars running side by side coming off T7..one hell of a draft. Looked at my TrackMate at 43.7 and said "damn" . BTW, the best lap I have run at RA is a 42.8 on my TrackMate...that was in the cool, though.

And, no, I was not outrunning them on the straights...I could pull most cars off T7 until the bridge, then most everyone pulls me from there to T10a. I just wave bye/bye to the fast "S" cars....can't even stay close to the draft.

I really wanted the rubber match with Hoppe. I beat him at Barber, he beat me at RR...this was to be the rubber match. Can't count the last ARRC as he did not finish. Now we'll have to do it at BarberChuck
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    Sounds like yer callin's some guys out Tom!!! LOL
    Yea, it never ceases to amaze me how many DON"T go to the ARRC, and they live So much closer to many of us who drag our sorry asses there. I mean, it's THE event to measure yourself. We hear the reasons. (long season, money's gone. Answer, start later, plan for it) Or, they have issues with the Atlanta region (heard that a few times form a couple sources, sigh, get over it), etc, etc,...There ARE some legit reasons, and the proximity of the 13 hour schedule-wise is a big one.

But, it seems to me, if you live close, and you're NOT there, it's kinda shady, like you just don't want to go to an important race and come in 10th instead of your usual weak field 3rd, or you're worried about the tech shed.

I know that's harsh, and I don't automatically think that about everyone, but, there are definately some that are conspicuosly absent.
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Quote Originally Posted by chuck baader View Post

I really wanted the rubber match with Hoppe. I beat him at Barber, he beat me at RR...this was to be the rubber match. Can't count the last ARRC as he did not finish. Now we'll have to do it at the ARRCsChuck
    right??
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Since I've never been, I am going to jump in and say that for us in NCR, we have Goblins Go the last weekend in October, the 13 hour and then (if we choose to go) the ARRC.

That's just too much in a row for us, and has been the prime (if not only) reason not to go to the ARRC.

I'll be there at some point. Each year I say I won't run the 13 hour, and each year an opporutnity to do so come up and I do that. Most of the NCR guys -- me, Ron, Steve E., Ricky T., etc. -- do that.

If the ARRC could be pushed back, or the 13 hour up, that would be a big deal for all of us in getting there more often.

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Yea, it never ceases to amaze me how many DON"T go to the ARRC, and they live So much closer to many of us who drag our sorry asses there. I mean, it's THE event to measure yourself. We hear the reasons. (long season, money's gone. Answer, start later, plan for it) Or, they have issues with the Atlanta region (heard that a few times form a couple sources, sigh, get over it), etc, etc,...There ARE some legit reasons, and the proximity of the 13 hour schedule-wise is a big one.

But, it seems to me, if you live close, and you're NOT there, it's kinda shady, like you just don't want to go to an important race and come in 10th instead of your usual weak field 3rd, or you're worried about the tech shed.

I know that's harsh, and I don't automatically think that about everyone, but, there are definately some that are conspicuosly absent.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

If we can survive the 13 hour I will run the Mustang this year for the "shutup and race" factor.
    Ron
    Atlanta
    ITB Mustang

I mean, it's THE event to measure yourself. We hear the reasons. (long season, money's gone. Answer, start later, plan for it)
    It an event to measure yourself. Especially if we could get nice tear downs at the NARRC runoffs, that isn't too shabby especially in some classes. I loved the track and will be down there again.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Yeah but how do we know it didn't 'sound like an ITS car'? That right there is irrefutable evidence. :P

https://improvedtouring.com...16&postcount=9
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    Since I've never been, I am going to jump in and say that for us in NCR, we have Goblins Go the last weekend in October, the 13 hour and then (if we choose to go) the ARRC.

That's just too much in a row for us, and has been the prime (if not only) reason not to go to the ARRC.

If the ARRC could be pushed back, or the 13 hour up, that would be a big deal for all of us in getting there more often.
    Exactly right. But this year it is a bit worse.

The SARRC Championship is on Oct 10-11 at Roebling Road. We have one weekend free, then Oct 24-25 is the 2010 SARRC kickoff at VIR, and the weekend following Oct 30-31 we have the 13 Hour at VIR. For those of us who live in the SE racing starts early in the year and goes late. The ARRC is but another event in a schedule that seemingly gets bunched up too much at the beginning and ending of the season.