Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: July Sprints WGI Info & Helpful Hints

Talking July Sprints WGI Info & Helpful Hints

Looks like a great turnout for t he Sprints and Pro-it with entries nearing 250. SOOO if want to register Friday AM from 6:00am to 10:00 am Friday you are permitted to Even if not running test day. Also if comming from the east on 17/86 fuel prices at exit 60 Extra-mart $2.29 cash for regular $2.55 for Diesel (cash or credit) T Weaver
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Thanks tom. Will we be able to drop off trailers, cars and tools at the WGI garages Fri evening during registration hours?
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Yes as long as you have garage reserved Have to come in the paddock as if you are going to the Goodyear end of the garage as the Gate by the gas pump is now locked by WGI. TW
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

What about us paddock dwellers? Can we set up once registered?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Yes sir! once registered you can get by gate and In. If you register Friday am 6-10 you can get in set up and go down town for a boat ride.

This was sent to workers and Volunters from Earl Hulbert Chair of the Glen Region !! Hello to all -

Thank you for being a part of the Glen Region July Sprints. Now it's "SHOWTIME". Terri Dobbs tells me that as of today we have 250 entries for this weekend. We can thank the DI Pro-IT group for a tremendous number of entries and double entries. Apparently, they intend to show the IT world who owns the Glen this weekend!!
    The strong turnout for this weekend offers us an opportunity to demonstrate how a race should be organized and conducted. We must remember to show our appreciation to everyone who came to play in our sandbox. Professional level service, hospitality and cooperation by all of us will assure a great weekend for entrants and volunteers alike.

See you at the track -

Earl

Any way to negotiate with the track an entry window on Thursday night? I know the insurance issue but what if they counted us on the way in and on the way out? We are bringing 17 cars...yes 17. Gates open at 6am...tough morning to get in and get the compound set up before the test day starts.

I talked to the track today. They were polite but unflexible. Anything Glen Region could do this race or in the future?
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    ...tough morning to get in and get the compound set up before the test day starts.
    Zowie! Bettencourt to TWO "new" tracks in one year...?

God save all of us.

... we're better off trying to convince them we do not need full course yellows for every incident.

We all know what the WGI rules are for early admission you should plan accordingly if you bring multiple vehicles or 1 vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Zowie! Bettencourt to TWO "new" tracks in one year...?

God save all of us.

Hey it's not friday yet. I'll believe it when I see him there.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Will the track allow us to use the winners podium? I would like to setup our banners there the same way World challenge did weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by slopok View Post
    We all know what the WGI rules are for early admission you should plan accordingly if you bring multiple vehicles or 1 vehicle.
    I suppose we could bring fewer entries to make it easier.

It would be nice if the host region could work out something with the track to provide a 'window' of time to drop cars and set up areas. We do know it has to do with insurance. Maybe we could work with the track or the insurance providers to get creative. Just because it's always been a certain way doesn't mean it can't get better.

I know it's a long shot but it would be great to pose the problem and some potential solutions to the track.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Does anyone know how long Pro-IT qualifying is? The supps read like it is 15 minutes and I know we usually get around 30.
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

I exchanged emails with the Ed and Earl a few weeks ago to clarify this.

30 minutes on Saturday just before lunch and the 45 minute race is Sunday morning after hardship. All of course subject to change but I doubt it, the Glen Region puts on a great event.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Rob

Does anyone know how long Pro-IT qualifying is? The supps read like it is 15 minutes and I know we usually get around 30.
    The TeamDI Pro IT qualifying session will be 30 minutes. The supps are unclear in this area. I have talked with Chuck Dobbs, the event Chief Steward, and determined that we will have our normal qualifying session.

The Pro IT at the Glen looks like it will be a barn burner with 48 entries already in the NESCCA online system.

Terry

Silly question, but need to ask since my dad will be crewing and is daibetic...

Will is track side lunch available , i.e. limerock? or do we need to bring our own?
    '92 Honda Civic Si

[quote=mossaidis;292265]Silly question, but need to ask since my dad will be crewing and is daibetic...

Will is track side lunch available , i.e. limerock? or do we need to bring our own? Saturady and Sunday yes not certain on Friday during test day.

Foodstands open on the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by tdw6974 View Post
    Saturady and Sunday yes not certain on Friday during test day.
    Thank you!
    '92 Honda Civic Si