Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lightning Results

@Josh: isn't it all about results? Especially when you are in the battle for the lead why would you risk everything with a move like this? We can all see what the outcome was.
    Sometimes less is more.
    Rob Thiele - BMW 328is ITR
    www.motorsportcollection.com

IIRC, this was the last lap. Just a point of info.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

So what Andy. He could have set-up the pass differently or worst case, the ash tray he received at the end of the race might have to be a bit smaller. It's not just about one race. When people do silly things it also has a future impact on how they're raced again in the future.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    So what Andy. He could have set-up the pass differently or worst case, the ash tray he received at the end of the race might have to be a bit smaller. It's not just about one race. When people do silly things it also has a future impact on how they're raced again in the future.
    Dave,

I made no defense or implication. Just told everyone when it was because someone asked earlier in the thread. I watched it all unfold from the top of the toter.
    Andy Bettencourt

Quote Originally Posted by jjjanos View Post
    There was plenty of room for them to get by and the ITS car isn't to blame for this. If I was writing an incident report, this is what I'd have put down.
    Car 33 dropped 2 wheels to the inside of the curb of the right-hand turn and, upon reentering the pavement, appeared to be out of control. Car 33 then hit car 69, (LF to RR). This upset car 69 and both cars remained in side-to-side contact. Car 69 appeared to have attempted to avoid further contact (by evidence of brake lights) while car 33 did not (note absence of brake lights).

The ITS car, number unknown, left sufficient racing room (2.25 car widths or more) to driver's left for both car 33 and car 69 to navigate the turn. At this point, neither Car 33 or Car 69, made the turn-in for the LH turn. Car 69 was on the brakes well before contact. Car 33 was not.

As the unknown S car attempted to navigate the turn from far DR, the ITB mass struck the unknown car. Immediately prior to contact, car 33 finally applied his brakes.
    Moreover, 33 didn't need to hop the curb at the turn. Car 69 left sufficient room for him.

The Z car didn't move over on anybody. Tristan hit Reece and never lifted when he did it. Reece starts to rotate around Tristan's nose and gets on the brakes. They go straight and as the Z car tries to make the turn, they hit him. If the Z car had stayed to the white line on DR, he still would have been hit - neither Tristan or Reece were going to make that turn. Kee-rist, Reece is point to DR for a left turn and it's entirely because Tristan is rotating him around and not doing anything to keep from picking Reece.

Moreover, if the Z had been that far out, hit have been hit a heck of alot harder because both B cars were going to straight line that turn.
    Fair enough. I guess I missed that there was contact before between the B cars prior to the corner, and I missed the timing of brake application.

Is there some way to watch these videos in slow motion that I don't know about?
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Andy B For President!

See you guys at the Glen, we may break 50 cars and possibly 42 at LRP the week after. I am happy to hear that this event went off very well. We knew NJMP was going to be a great destination and finally the number are proving it. Thanks to everyone who supported this event.

LAST PLEASE RAISE MONEY FOR OUR EVENT AT LRP VETERAN HOMESTEAD!!!
    Last edited by Robert Zecca; 07-21-2009 at 09:08 PM.

Default opinion from #66

i was part of this battle for part of the race. in my opipion the 33 car is fast. i was surprised at how aggresive he was throughout the race. i followed waiting for the 2 of them to end up in the weeds. i was right on one car. michael reece drove a great race. at one point i was shocked at how far back he,#33, initiated a pass goin into turn 1 on me and the 69. i backed out and let the pass happen. i was in no mood to have a wrecked car. he also dropped wheels endlessly. i count 4 stars in my windshield from the race. we had a great race at summit. i think he will get farther with a little patience.
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Steve, I watched your MKI and the other one with great interest. Very cool and well turned out cars. Good luck!
    Thanks. That was the very first time to the track for the black car. So as you can imagine he found a few bugs that need worked out. He will be fast once he gets everything sorted out.
    Steve Beckley
    Walkersville MD
    MARRS #87 ITB MR2

Here's video from Saturday's qualifying race. Some good action for the first 2/3rds of the race.

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5595518/14687280

Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Sunday's race

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5598190/14694277

Before the race, the two first rows had agreeded to work together to see if we could put some space on Andy who we knew would be storming through the pack. It helped Marc and Brian but I think it hurt me. I played nice on the start and on the first lap........ Maybe I shouldn't have!! LOL

Andy, you going to post your video? I would love to see the start you got!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

I am in-between cameras. I have one of those pimpy ones Hoppe uses on order. Would have been cool.

Love the 'special' point-by I got.
    Last edited by Andy Bettencourt; 07-23-2009 at 10:36 AM.
    Andy Bettencourt

Jim Hess and I had a great battle for the IT7 win on Sunday, which Jim won by "...THAT much" - I must apologize for the 1 instance of contact, but I'm glad to say I got the worst of it (his bumper was not damaged!), and neither of us lost position due to it.

I'm trying to get my video up loaded. We were nose to tail, I passed him, he passed me ... and provided no one else comments on how bad my driving got, once I was leading, I'll share the link with y'all.
    Dave Youngren
    NER ITA RX7 #71

Anyone know when results will be posted on mylaps?

Left a message. Once I hear back or we see things posted on NeSCCA.com we will know.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

FYI - Lightning Challenge results are now posted on MyLaps.com

Also, here is some more in car video from the ITR/ITS/ITB group race. We had a waived off start, an eventful ITR re-start, and a pass in the grass on lap #2. I edited the video so you wouldn't have to sit through the extra pace lap...
    http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5660250/14839363
    John Hainsworth #95 ITS RX7
    2012 & 2013 Fidelity Power Systems Pro-IT Series Champion
    max-attack.net

Spoke with Linda and the computers should be fixed. Expect results to be posted real soon. Sorry for taking so long.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Lightning challenge video, group 4, race 1 - 7/18/09 ITR,ITS,ITB

Saturday--------------------- Sunday

Thiele 1:16:417------------- Thiele 1:16:360
    Powell 1:16:314------------- Breault 1:16:162
    Breault 1:16:568------------ Powell 1:15:848

http://www.vimeo.com/5881333