Thread: Wheel bearings and Hubs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Greg, I bring a spare set of hubs, 1/2 shafts with CV's, calipers, rotors, lower control arms, shocks, struts, tranny, and brake pads to the track. I can replace almost an entire front corner (don't carry springs or camber plates) at the track.

I re-use my hubs, but have them magna fluxed to check for cracks, and have new bearings installed every year. All of the spares go on the car over the winter, and the old hubs/bearings and 1/2 shafts get replaced / rebuilt every winter.
    Tim Linerud
    San Francisco Region SCCA
    #95 GTL Wabbit
    Convert from GP to GTL
    http://www.timlinerud.com/racing/index.html

racer_tim @ yahoo dot com

If any VWer's are interested, I have a set of A2 front knuckles (L&R) that you can have for free / gratis / nada / squandool. I will deliver them to Watkins Glen this weekend (7/26-27), as I will be there working in the cool, rarified air of Steward-land.

Both have bearings...one suffered a hub-breakage and is a little dinged on the "hub" side, but it looks like it can be easily cleaned up and wouldn't likely compromise the integrity of the hub.

I'm currently conducting a garage purge, and am getting rid of parts for cars that I haven't owned in 10+ years. Alfa, Datsun, Healey, Triumph, VW...you name'em...I got parts.

Email me at walsh*at*whecDOTcom and I'll throw them in the street beater before I leave for WGI.

I ain't shipping stuff, especially "free" stuff.