Quote Originally Posted by MMiskoe View Post
My dad just did the Stafford CT version of this race. Stafford being a 1/2 mile (or so) oval w/ a small road course included the speeds were pretty low, first gear was a requirement at places when traffic bunched up. But it looked like a lot of fun.

I just read the sup's for the Nelson verions. YIKES! That place is scary enough & tore up plenty of SCCA cars when I ran the Longest day races. Looking at the type of cars for Lemons and thinking about them running at Nelson gives me a shiver.

Am I being a wuss for thinking that the combination of that track and those cars/drivers is a bit scary?
My experience so far is that Lemons people - even brand new to racing - are no worse that the usual IT crowd. Most of them are more polite in fact. Best racing I've had in 17 years was 1.5 hours of nose-to-tail swapping places with our Celica, a supercharged MR2 and an Integra at CMP this year.... I went into it thinking it was a joke, but its real racing without so many petty rules. The vast differences in cars, speed and race prep is much less important than you might think!