Thread: The Lamest Day

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by MMiskoe View Post
    My dad just did the Stafford CT version of this race. Stafford being a 1/2 mile (or so) oval w/ a small road course included the speeds were pretty low, first gear was a requirement at places when traffic bunched up. But it looked like a lot of fun.

I just read the sup's for the Nelson verions. YIKES! That place is scary enough & tore up plenty of SCCA cars when I ran the Longest day races. Looking at the type of cars for Lemons and thinking about them running at Nelson gives me a shiver.

Am I being a wuss for thinking that the combination of that track and those cars/drivers is a bit scary?
    My experience so far is that Lemons people - even brand new to racing - are no worse that the usual IT crowd. Most of them are more polite in fact. Best racing I've had in 17 years was 1.5 hours of nose-to-tail swapping places with our Celica, a supercharged MR2 and an Integra at CMP this year.... I went into it thinking it was a joke, but its real racing without so many petty rules. The vast differences in cars, speed and race prep is much less important than you might think!

We just hosted a LeMons event in Louisiana and I have to say it was a blast. Not only did we try to kill ourselves with alcohol every night, but the racing was unbelievable. There is something to be said for passing ten cars at one time while running just under 100mph on street-tires. If you need a confidence booster, go run one of these races.
    Andrew Smith
    2008/2009 GBRS GTU Champion
    www.fastguys.com
    www.chriscarvermotorsports.com