Thread: 944 Rear Camber Adjustment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well let me see if I can remember... 32mm torsion bars, I know that. I think the springs are 550 lb. or so.

Sway bars are the (heavy) Kokeln, set to minimum on front and and 40% on rear. I inched up the rear bar a little and need to inch it more. I also have Advance Design shocks, all set to 50%.

I'd like to make some nice NASCAR style bars - researched all the right bits, and it would be very light, but it is a matter of time...I have very little!!!

I recently read that 50% front/rear bias is not good - a car should always be set up with at least 1% to the front or rear. I think this was in Skip Barbers book, or maybe somewhere else. 50% would make the car unstable.
    timo

Yeah, that's a bit too strong on the front spring, generally, for such rear bars. For reference, I run 34mm rear bars, and have been giving thought to 550's up front. 500's would probably be preferable for you; I'm running 600's currently and the car's had just a bit more understeer/lack of turn-in than optimal (though we're also really getting into the zone where we need more shock tuning).
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com