Thread: Neon Coil-Over Conversions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I got the ground control kit and front camber plates but I am slightly concerned about doing the install. On my other cars that I have installed them on it was pretty straight forward and very easy to do.

The neon however involves some modifications it appears from the crappy directions. On the front it looks like I would have to grind the weld down for the spring perch to get the sleeve to bottom out on the perch.

On the rear I did not get the camber plates so I am re-using the stock rubber mounts. The GC directions say to remove the old spring perch from the rubber mounts which would effictively remove about half of the sleeve bearing if I did that.

Just curious if anyone has run into similar problems when installing a ground control kit on Koni struts.

I posted three pictures. The pic of the strut shows the perch weld that sits above the perch. In order for the sleeve to slide all the way down I would have to grind the weld. Is that a possibility. The other pics show the rubber mount. Included with the GC kit is a rubber upper spring perch which its id slides on to the stock rubber mount.
    If I remove the any part of the stock mount there is nothing to keep the spring centered to the mount.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1987 ITS RX-7
    2014 Ford Focus ST
    Currently borrowing tow vehicles!!

Central Carolina Region

STEELERS SIX PACK!!