Congrats to the ITA racers (and IT7 - ITC) for podium finishes. I had visions of a great weekend, but a broken transmission put me out after 1.5 qualifying laps on Saturday. Pretty funny... I could not get into 4th... then it got stuck between gears in 5th. So I looked for a safe spot going into Turn 3. I ducked behind the tires and looked up... there were the stands! I did get to hang out at the fence and talk to my family for a while.

Plan "E" was to rent a ride on Sunday and try to salvage the weekend. The Flatout guys had a Miata available so I hopped in. In typical fashion the RX7 "boyz" gave me quite the hard time back at the paddock. I told them it was not easy deciding whether to drink still or sparkling water as an "arrive and drive" customer.

The car felt great in qualifying with only the driver to blame for slow laps times... trying to get used to the car. The Sunday race started well and I was having a blast with plans to move my way up the field. But a broken throttle body shaft ended my drive after about 2-1/2 laps. I have never seen a throttle body shaft break and certainly cannot fault the car prep. Just one of those days. (BTW - the Miata had one of the nicest cages I have seen. Take a peak in one and look at the Nascar door cages)

Needless to say, the weekend was challenging but it was still fun. I'll be back in August to try again.