Quote Originally Posted by europeanspec View Post
Thanks for the info. How much for your ITR car?

The car ad can be seen here https://improvedtouring.com...ad.php?t=25906 and I am seeking $18,500, car is ready for a podium finish and comes with all spares. After several years (Andy called me seasoned!) of racing I am going to semi-retire and only run a handful of arrive and drive events each year.

In answer to your other questions.

OBD-1 - If I remember correctly the OBD-1 and OBD-2 variants are acutally different engines. The early 318 is 1796cc and the latter is 1895cc. They are also different spec lines on the GCR. If this is correct you would not be allowed to retrofit the 1997 car/motor to a OBD-1 harness. However, with open engine management you may be able to accomplish your goals without a change in wiring harnesses.

Weight - The GCR listed weight is 2600 lbs. That is the minimum weight for the car with driver, gear, and fuel as it comes off the track. I agree with others that appears a bit high and the car should be reviewed for a possible weight reduction.

Brakes - If the vented front rotors are stock for that car you should provide proof to the ITAC and request a GCR correction. However, I do not think vented rotors were stock on the 4 cylinder cars; 318i/is/ti or the 1.9 Z3. (I am not an expert on the 4 cyl cars so YMMV.)

Please feel free to ask any questions on or off line.