Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Road Atlanta Info - Fletcher Willams

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    Damn guys, you're making me think the paddock is the size of a postage stamp.

New motor will be in for the SIC and I'm looking forward to it.

R
    It is a good-sized, if oddly shaped, paddock... until you try to cram 400 cars worth of crap in it.

I think the odd shape does it in.
    Bowie Gray
    ITA Miata

I figure there should be a good bit less than 400 cars there next weekend.

Tom, is there anything special one needs to do to get within 50' of an available power hookup?

Power is very limited at Rd Atlanta and even if you get near an outlet it often does not work. If you must have power it is best you bring your own.
    Tom Sprecher

Ron, I'd say listen to Tom. he's in the know. My experience has been nothing but good with Fletcher, and I'm a damn Yankee!

The ARRC is the only time I'm there, and it is tight, but it works just fine. He'll make sure your hybrid is near you and you'll be fine. Keep in mind the ARRC is HUGE, and lots of guys bring the full size 18 wheeler rigs for a couple cars....a normal regional should be more workable..

Dooo eeeeeet! The track be awesome.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by RexRacer19 View Post
    I figure there should be a good bit less than 400 cars there next weekend...
    I haven't looked at the registration numbers but I doubt there will be half that. There will be plenty of room to park.
    Tom Sprecher

Quote Originally Posted by tom_sprecher View Post
    If you must have power it is best you bring your own.
    Since I don't have my own...I guess I need to work on getting close to a receptacle that works...

I've obviously been following this and Tom has been doing a great job answering. We've currently got 144 cars registered with early registration shutting down on Tuesday at noon, so I'm expecting slightly north of 200 for the weekend. For the ARRC by GRM we HAVE put 300 cars in the same space, but it WAS crowded.

We wil not have use of the Pro Paddock for this coming weekend, but we will have it open for the ARRC. It costs an extra $1500 to use it, so we try not to if we don't have to.

We could alleviate a lot of the issues if (like VIR and a number of other tracks) we didn't allow crew parking in the paddock. Given the choice between that and asking unused open trailers to be moved to the Lower 40, we've opted for the latter first.

They say they don't want my job, but I DEFINITELY don't want Fletcher and Tom's job when it comes move-in time on Thursday and Friday nights.

Just as a reminder (and SOMEbody will get pissed because "we didn't tell them"), we cannot move in until 8:00 on Thursday evening. BMW is doing a "major project launch" on Thursday and wants to keep the facility secure until then.

See ya...
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Oh, my goodness, Butch...were you supposed to mention the "BWM" word?????

Quit fretting...the paddock will be well arranged as is usual for the Atlanta crew. The best bet for power has been the skid pad area...most of the outlets seem to work there. Chuck
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!

Well, after all this and the great support from the RA folks it looks like I can't come down. I've got some family things to attend to this weekend and need to be here. I'll need to check the sups for who to contact about a cancellation.

Ron

Ron,

No-shows at our Road Atlanta events are an automagic refund. Sorry you guys won't be able to make it.
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion