Thread: Road Atlanta Info - Fletcher Willams

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi Fellows,

Thanks for the help and assistance. I sent Fletcher an email this morning and was polite. However, if I don’t get confirmation from him that I’ll be allowed in I’m not going to make the six hour drive. Too far to go to run into a problem like that.

Thanks,
    Ron

Ron, while my old set up was nowhere as complex as yours, I was never allowed to keep mine by my car. I had a big box on the front with tool boxes, spares and such. So don't be suprised. Good luck.

Having said that, there are a few places where you can park the trailer on the grass right at the edge of the paddock, where technically the trailer is not IN the paddock. That is how I got around it near the end, before I got the fully enclosed trailer.
    Last edited by Tristan Smith; 07-09-2009 at 02:54 PM.
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan Smith View Post
    So don't be suprised. Good luck.
    I'm not holding my breath. If they are that pedjudiced against open trailers and not basing the rule on function, then so be it. I just won't be racing RA. The RA region is pretty healthy so one more entry more or less won't matter to them.

Thanks,
    Ron

Default Attitude......

Hi Ron,
    Fletcher does a great job parking all of us wore out, ust drove 4 hour guys who want to take up 2 spaces..... I to agree that you qualify as a enclosed trailer.... Where does enclosed begin...and open end?? Asking a few up front questions now get everything running smooth when you pull in. A good attitude on your part will make huge difference....... I'll never forget the A** chewing I was on the receiving end of..... and after reflecting on later deserved both...... He gets it done. Toughest job of the weekend at times I bet.

David

You gotta come on down......you do have a 3.9 diff i hope.....and fresh valve springs.
    30 year old ITS car

Ron,

As a part of the Atlanta Region administration and the paddock parking crew let me assure you that you will be able to park your trailer next to your car. Do not wait for confirmation from Fletcher as he travels a lot and is slow to respond. We are not prejudiced towards open trailers. We do have a policy of asking they be parked in "the back 40" to allow space in the paddock for multi function trailers. Your trailer falls under that category. Trailers that have a tool box or a tire rack on them do not.

I will be at the track all weekend starting at 8 PM Thursday night. If you have any problems call me at (678) 643-9897.

Also, having been part of the paddock parking crew for I guess about 7 years now I must say that Fletcher has mellowed some recently. Some.
    Last edited by tom_sprecher; 07-09-2009 at 04:30 PM.
    Tom Sprecher

Tom, that's awesome, many thanks on that man. With that, we will be there, hopefully with both cars.

David, you know that 260 motor doesn't rev like yours....3.7 for us I think. Plus with all that torque from the extra .2 displacement, he doesn't need to wind it out like you guys.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Y'all, the ARRC is wall to wall people..this race will be substantially less so parking should not be a problem. Seems like it was announced that we could use the pro pits this race and if so, parking will be a breeze. How about it, Tom? Chuck
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by chuck baader View Post
    Y'all, the ARRC is wall to wall people..this race will be substantially less so parking should not be a problem. Seems like it was announced that we could use the pro pits this race and if so, parking will be a breeze. How about it, Tom? Chuck
    Not this race, but maybe the ARRC. Other than not starting until 8 at night, I don't think parking will be a problem at this race.
    Tom Sprecher

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tom_sprecher View Post
    Ron,
    As a part of the Atlanta Region administration and the paddock parking crew let me assure you that you will be able to park your trailer next to your car.
    Hey Tom,

Thanks much for that, very appreciated. I'll plan on coming and seeing how RA works out. Glad I asked up front.

Track looks like fun. Yep, as far as turning the 260Z up I tend to run one diff lower (numerically) than the 240Zs run. Might be a should run the same as the 240Z, but this motor is a bit tired and has had a few RPM related valve train, uhh, issues.....don't need to add to that!

I'm a pretty mellow fellow so I imagine I'll get along with the RA folks pretty well. Looks like a good weekend.

Ron