Thread: Help people get into racing and earn cash

Default Help people get into racing and earn cash

I’m hoping that by trying a few new approaches, it will be possible to get the SCCA edition of “Go Ahead – Take the Wheel” in more peoples’ hands. Probably the biggest thing I’ve done is create a new affiliate program where anyone can join and earn 35% of sales generated from links they create, and regions would earn 45% of sales. People can join then add links in various locations such as in chat forums, social networking sites / Facebook, write a thread telling people it exists in other forums, blogs, and so on. Regions can add a link to their site and of course market it I many other ways.

One other thing I’m going to give a try is making it available as an electronic PDF version for people to download in addition to the soft copy book version. Then lastly I updated the site so it looks a bit better.

If anyone is involved in a region or would consider making the recommendation for their region to participate in this, it would be appreciated. Of course I’d love for you to join the program too. Thought I’d give all of this a try instead of just giving up on it like I was tempted to.

Thanks for all the support you’ve already provided on this effort. Hope you’ll consider provided just a bit more. Learn more here
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Dave,

Join this Canadian site that I work on, create a profile with pics and links.

http://www.raceshop.ca/

I'll put something on my Scirocco blog.
    Joe Camilleri
    HP Scirocco
    Check out the VW Club Racers Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=309326556818

Dave, I just redid my website and would be happy to put an ad banner on there for free. Doubt i get much traffic but it cant hurt! Let me know if there is a banner on your site i can download or you can just email it to me mrooke1 at hotmail .com.

Thanks guys!

I need to figure out how to get regions to buy into this and what might motivate them to proactively use it. (A couple do use it now.)

What are your thoughts on what might motivate regions?
    Dave Gran

To anyone who is involved with their regions merchandise program, web site or BOD, New England Region was a early adopter of Dave’s book (of course he is one of our members) and has been very happy with the results. The region has made a couple of bucks but more importantly we have found it to be a very good tool to guide people to get out on track and become more active members.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Same for NNJR. We have links on www.SCCA-NNJR.org as well as the series websites for www.NARRC.com and www.NJRRS.com.

Great book, just wish it was out when we started.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

I'll be contacting both of you to determine if the two regions want to keep things as-is or if it would be benefical to utilize this new method. Which ever is best for the region and members is totally fine with me.

Matt (and others) - any links help. Search engines look at what links are out there and that also aids in optimizing what sites come up when people use a search engine to find information.
    Dave Gran

Quote Originally Posted by rsx858 View Post
    Dave, I just redid my website and would be happy to put an ad banner on there for free. Doubt i get much traffic but it cant hurt! Let me know if there is a banner on your site i can download or you can just email it to me mrooke1 at hotmail .com.
    Thats a nice website Matt. Templates like that are putting me outa business.

See you in Jersey!
    Tristan Herbert
    2011 World Challenge TC Rookie of the Year
    2011 ARRC ITB Champion
    2011 IT Fest ITB Champion
    2009 MARRS - ITB Champion
    BRIMTEK/Germanautoparts.com

Spent some time on your site Matt; that is nice. See you at the Glen in a few weeks.
    Dave Gran

Got the link up and thanks for the compliments, I put that together using the Joomla content management system. -only had to pay for the template. Takes some time to learn but it works for amateur web guys like me.

See you guys at Glen / NJMP!