Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LRP ALMS Ticket Prices

Default LRP ALMS Ticket Prices

<rant on> Jake G. called me today about tickets to attend Saturday's AMLS event at Lime Rock Park in on 7/18. He said it was $60 for each ticket, but I had a hard time believing it. Quickly logged onto the LRP website and yup, $60 for Saturday alone. In years past I've always thought the AMLS event has been a fairly expensive ticket, but this is too bad. Really? In this economy?

It's a shame that many families will end up opting out of attending this event. I suppose it bothers me more as I vividly remember growing up and attending similar events at LRP, which for better or worse lead me to my racing obsession. I'll admit that I absolutely love the track from both a spectator and driver's perspective. However it keeps getting tougher to swallow. It's hard to imagine that this pricing will yield higher ticket revenue than if it was more reasonable and family / economy friendly. We planned on attending the event as a family, but at this pricing know my wife will have absolutely no interest in going. Will they then lose out on other revenue streams such as food and merchandise?

Does AMLS set these prices? Are they this high at other tracks, and if so how has that gone? After reading Darren Law's response to his least favorite track and overall AMLS drivers' responses to the changes, maybe this is LRP's last year hosting AMLS anyway? </rant>
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Dave,
    I say that that weekend you should drive to Maine and take a 4 wheeler into the woods! You may find a Subaru or 2 and a bunch of other cars flying down a few dirt roads! I am still thinking of driving up for a day!

Stephen

PS: Skip the ALMS race and come to the SCCA race on the 1st. Advance tickets are only 10 bucks and at the gate they are $15 May not be as fast but I bet you see more passing besides the comentary on TV almost makes it worth investing in a big screen and staying at home! OK OK I know you already know this but this is what I tell everyone that is interested in racing! Come to SCCA and get involved and dream about the pro stuff on TV!

Instead on Maine come on down to New Jersey. I know, I know, NEW JERSEY! Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?!? NJMP is close to Cape May and Atlantic City as well as all the other shore points.

Come to the 1st annual MARRS - NARRC Lightning Challenge. Come see real sports car racing and enjoy the southern New Jersey hospitality. NNJR and SJR are co-hosting.

No tolls the way I go from north Jersey. It is a 3 hour tow from the Driving Impressions (TeamDI) warehouse in Dover to NJMP. Just over 2 hours by car.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Quick Comparsion IRL,Indy Lights, F2000 and World Challenge at WG This weekend 55.00 for 3 days and 39 for Sunday Race. Although we will need freakin boats if it doesn't stop raining! TW
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Ouch. I did not hear what the ticket prices are. But 60 seems way high. Some gas, couple beers, hot dog and it is a 100 day.:eek: So much for hanging on the hill with the family for the afternoon. I never miss a pro event at LRP. But I think this is over the top, I will sit it out with a complaint to LRP. Besides the layout they run is DUMB.
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Have any friends who are working at the event (flagging, T&S, grid, registration, etc.)? Workers are allowed free guest passes to all pro events (usually two passes per worker).
    Leigh McBride
    National F & C
    Mo-Hud Region

Yep, nothing new with the costs of ticket prices. I went to the ALMS/IRL race last year at Mid-Ohio and the price for both of the days was $105!!!!

$60 for Saturday
    $45 for Sunday

The prices are remaining the same this year.
    I havent gone to any pro events this year because of my racing...im on the track now. lol
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #97 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang
    Carbotech/BFGoodrich/Vandersluis Motorsports
    2010 Great Lakes Division ITA Champion
    2012 Great Lakes Division T1 Champion

Anyone remember what the AMLS price for Sat. only was last year at LRP?
    Dave Gran

Can the ALMS and race yourself!!!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Can the ALMS and race yourself!!!
    From what I understand the ALMS is real close to canning itself.

As for ALMS pricing elsewhere, I believe Sebring is $80 for Sat only, and was $100 for multiple days. $20 more if you want to park in the track. What kind of support races do you get with the Lime Rock event?

Quote Originally Posted by spawpoet View Post

As for ALMS pricing elsewhere, I believe Sebring is $80 for Sat only, and was $100 for multiple days. $20 more if you want to park in the track. What kind of support races do you get with the Lime Rock event?
    not sure about Lime Rock but Mid-Ohio has the world challenge for a support race.
    It is insane because the ALMS/IRL series come at the same time. Two big events in one weekend! I remember about 2 years ago when I went you couldnt even walk without hitting people.
    The track had to rent out neighboring property/farms for people to park! It was wild!

Not sure how the turnout will be this year with the economy...but im sure they will still get a pretty decent turnout
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang

I can not remember attending a one day LRP event and having it be that much. And the ALMS 'show" is basically them. Formula Atlantic, and the ALMS light things.

I seriously wonder if the price isn't a mistake. But hey, maybe Skippy has run the numbers and sees a model that will net more profit?

He might be forgetting that he's not selling tix to the NBA or the NFL.

On the other hand, those leagues teams are charging outlandish prices too.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Speaking of outlandish ticket prices....
    Im from Cleveland and the Cavaliers went to the play-offs this year (they usually go every year and at the last couple of games...loose it all)
    Home game pricing was INSANE.....

Now I understand its a huge event in basketball, TV coverage, people traveling distances to see them. But you were talking about $200-$300 seats!!! :eek:

I can buy 1 race tire for that money!!

LOL
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang

yea, I was looking to try and get decent seats to see U2. Without navigating the labrynth of 'options' out there, it seemed like it was going to be $500 for a couple seats in the second level of a stadium. I bet I could research and find some options, but, yea, events cost money. Honestly though, I'd rather see U2 than ALMS, as do most of the country, LOL.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I decided not to work start, or try and hit anyone up for a pass to the Grand Am weekend at Mid-Ohio a couple of weeks ago, but I needed to be at the track for business reasons, so I bought a three day pass that included a paddock pass as well - $30.00
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Default Tickets

Too bad you don't know a resident that gets a discount ...........
    Greg Meindl
    #74 ITA Dodge Neon Raceshopper.com
    #75 ITA Dodge Neon Raceshopper.com
    #84 ITA Dodge Neon Raceshopper.com

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    I think it was $50 or $55.

Quote Originally Posted by spawpoet View Post

Last year was Indy Lights. The first year ALMS came to CT the supporting race was Spec Miata. That was cool.
    Drew

I personally will be going regardless, but it does have an impact on many other families. I was thinking once my son gets older, would I really want to pay $180 for the three of us to attend? Highly doubt it.

For that price, too bad there's not better supporting races. I could care less about any of the others beyond AMLS.
    Dave Gran

Looking like my season pass for all events(including SCCA) for $230 was a good deal!:026:

For that price, too bad there's not better supporting races. I could care less about any of the others beyond AMLS.
    Which, other than tradition, is the only reason why I justify spenging 100 bucks on a ticket for the sebring 12 hour.. quite a few good support series that weekend.
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]