Thread: IT 2009 Build Project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

For ITA I would stick with the miata. Even with more weight on it I believe its the car to have.
    Jeremy Billiel

I think the ITS E30 is an overlooked gem honestly. It may not be the cheapest buy/build, but it is a great reliable platform, good brakes, good torque, good power, good handling. A fair amount of them are around with cages now due to Spec E30.

And, they were overlooked for years due to the presence of the E36 in ITS. They can be fast (Matt Reppert and Harold Corbin in the SEDiv do very well with theirs).

I've driven a lot of SMs and an ITA Miata, and I have to say you have to like that kind of driving experience to really enjoy the car. It's a momentum car, and very different from running a higher hp/torque S car like mine (TR8) or a Z car. If you like that kind of experience, then by all means an ITA or 99 ITS Miata are great choices.

You can't go wrong with a 2nd Gen RX7 either. Just way too many of them out there, fast, reliable and sorted.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

There's absolutely no question in my mind what I'd do.

If AJ's ITA CRX is still for sale and you have the money to buy that now, I'd be all over that bad boy. It'll take you years and an assload of money to just get close to that car. I think the car is located in Ohio, but I'd finalize the deal even if that meant it sat at his place or somewhere else till you make your move. It's an amazing car at a fantastic price.

Heck, I rummaged through my house to see what I could sell (without invoking a divorce), looked at borrowing against my 401K, anything to get it. Reality set in and I'll have to stick with my Prelude.

https://improvedtouring.com...ad.php?t=25603
    Last edited by gran racing; 07-02-2009 at 11:54 AM.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing