Hi, im new to the forum and stumbled across this thread. I have a 95 ACR that i run in ITA in the PA hillclimb series. I have heard about the hub problem but never quite understood the severity of the failure. You guys have me freaked out now. When something fails on the hills you usually fly off into the trees because we dont have a nice runoff area like the tracks do.

So, from this thread it appears i only have two options. Get the SKF hub from Napa or the Timken from autoparts123. To me both are respectable brands, it seams hard to beat $67 bucks for the bearing and the hub for the Timken. Does the SKF come with the bearing too?

How often should i replace hubs. It would take 10 years of hillclimbing to accumulate 10 hours. We have about 10-15 runs a weekend and they are only 1-2 minutes long. I do about 10 events a year.

I have stock ACR suspension, poly bushings and run auto X V710s tires, sometimes RA1s when we do track time trials. Only twice a year.

As soon as i get some more money i will be taking some drivers schools and joining yall on the track, but for now its the affordable scary as sh*t world of hillclims for me. THanks for reading.