Thread: Maybe Mopar is right!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

All that I was trying to point out was that ALL the failures that I've heard about were the ACR's. I've only had the Neon for 2 seasons, so I'm still trying to sort it out. It just seems strange that an ACR hub will only last for 10 hrs on 'our' cars, yet the street version will last 125k-150k + miles. Yes, I know that we are rougher on them. But, that much rougher???? I'm running 400# springs on the front & Toyos.

As far as the NAPA (or other) hubs, how many of them have failed??

Just because a part has Mopar (or GM or Ford) on it, does NOT automatically make it supperior to the after-market parts.

I'm not trying to start an argument or offend anyone. But if all (most) of the failures are factory hubs, maybe I/we need to try other ones. Safety is my #1 concern, finishing is #2, & speed is #3. If all brands of hubs are failing, then WHY?? My Daytona had 100k+ miles on it before we turned it into a circle-track car. It ran asphalt, dirt, & figure-8. We then put it in ITB & ran 4 seasons with it (mostly Sebring). Had several axle changes & VERY stiff front springs. It still has the same hub/bearrings that were in the car when I bounght it in '00. WHAT IS SO STRANGE ABOUT THE NEONS?? I've not heard of this problem from other brands (VW, Honda, etc.).
    Mark
    Montero Racing (CFR)
    Plymouth Neon ITA (For Sale)
    Dodge Daytona ITB (sold)

Ask around, and you will find that VW's and Hondas have similiar issues. I have seen Crx's break them aswell as A1/A2 Golfs.

Wheel spacers really put the T2 SRT-4's over the edge with hubs. Then came the loved Hoosier A compounds
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

My first one broke during driver's school at Nelson. Went for a wild ride coming out of turn two. NOW I check/torque the axle nut after EVERY session and replace the hub/bearing assembly after 8-10 hours of abuse. That and I keep a spare set of loaded knuckles in the trailer, just in case......

Dan
    Last edited by dhardison; 08-17-2010 at 07:03 AM.
    Dan
    2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Great Lakes Division ITB Champion