Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8/22-23 Memphis Double Regional/Enduro/PDX

Default 8/22-23 Memphis Double Regional/Enduro/PDX

We have scheduled a Double Regional + 90-min. closed wheel enduro on Sun. + PDX.

Gauging interest in enduro on Sun. afternoon after 2 days of racing in hot Aug. Memphis heat - assuming you are going, would you do the enduro? It's only an extra $80 w/ both Regionals.

Also, would you be interested in a $150 Friday Test Day?

How about BBQ and cold beer Sat. ? That's a given!

Bill Denton
    [email protected]
    Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

I would be willing to pony up for the enduro as this will be the last race of the year for us. May as well get in all we can! If we do the enduro then I would rule out the test day to save wear/tear on the POS-7.

JB and I are planning on running this event precisely because of the available enduro. Actually, we were planning on running Nashville (which had the same style schedule), but the motor is not completely together yet.

The reason this type of event has so much appeal is because both of us can get our mandatory two events in using the same car in one weekend. We each run a regional, and split the duties on the enduro, and voila, we are held over for another year until business gets better and allows more weekends at the track.

-and the Memphis hospitality, bbq and beer alone are worth the entry fee
    Eddie
    ex RX3 and GTI driver
    "Don't RallyCross what you can't afford to Road Race" - swiped from YH and twisted for me
    "I have heard that any landing you can walk away from is a 'good' landing. I bet this applies to flying airplanes as well." - E.J.

Default Registration Is Open!

Go to: http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/Event...%26LMID%3d1042

We put a minimum of 20 cars for the Enduro - less than that and it is just not worth the trouble. This will be a "FUN" event w/ emphasis on safety - not a SE ECR-style, serious-ass race.

No test day scheduled unless we get lots of demand for it.
    Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

Hey Bill,

I hope to make it over there this year, just depend on the team owner and what she has planned for me.....

Paul
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Bill, what are the requirements for the enduro? Do I need a co-driver? Mandatory/timed pit stops?

I need to do the regionals to get my 2 races in for the year, but I'm undecided on the enduro.

Hey Bill... What's the breaking/decision point for your region gonna be on this event?

I'm trying to plan the remnants of this anti-season and given recent history, what's it gonna take for this event to happen/not-happen...???

TIA
    Mark Andrews
    ITS '92 BMW 325is
    St. Louis

I see they're up to 17 entrants, with two weeks to go. The supps say they need at least 20, so get your entry in soon if you're thinking of going

Also, there are quite a few PDX sessions listed in the schedule, but no entrants as of yet. If there are none are only a couple, will the day be shortened or give us more track time?

Thanks.

RX555,
    The limit of 20 entrants is for the Enduro only. We will know about the Enduro Monday evening August 17. If at that time that we cancel the Enduro, the chief steward will adjust the schedule. The race is still on.
    Phil Harris
    MidSouth Region
    Memphis, TN
    1991 Mazda Miata

auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports...all others are games.
    -ernest hemingway-

Phil, is this race going to happen no matter what the total entry count is? At this point I am planning on coming and working but if there is going to be only 20 or so total entrants it may not be worth the time, effort and expenses to travel there.

Thanks
    Bryon Prokopf
    St. Louis Region Club Race Committee Chairperson
    T&S, F&C

Mark, sorry for the tardy reply but I don't follow this board much anymore. I'm not on the B.O.D. and have no official voice in what the Region does but I know we want to have the event if at all possible. I think the sentiment is that if we have the workers we will have the event.

What has happened to MiDiv racing?
    Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

Someone help me figure out a registration issue. I want to be the entrant for both the regionals and the enduro. I have two different drivers for the regionals, one for Sat, one for Sun. These same two drivers are splitting the enduro. How do I explain this to DLBracing.com and is my total bill $480 or $630?
    Eddie
    ex RX3 and GTI driver
    "Don't RallyCross what you can't afford to Road Race" - swiped from YH and twisted for me
    "I have heard that any landing you can walk away from is a 'good' landing. I bet this applies to flying airplanes as well." - E.J.

No biggie Bill... My season's done anyway. I'm tired (without even racing really) and the car is tired. I'm still racing with the bent front strut from our joint spin ballet on Memphis' front straight 2 seasons ago!

The racing has become a non-event, and the east/west split in the division has become worse with the economy...

Time to take a deep hard look this fall/winter and either come out swinging with a fresh car, change classes, or take a break.

I miss the racing You, Paul, Bob and I (and others as well) used to have when I first started...oh well, time marches on.

Quote Originally Posted by bldn10 View Post
    Mark, sorry for the tardy reply but I don't follow this board much anymore. I'm not on the B.O.D. and have no official voice in what the Region does but I know we want to have the event if at all possible. I think the sentiment is that if we have the workers we will have the event.

What has happened to MiDiv racing?
    Mark Andrews
    ITS '92 BMW 325is
    St. Louis

Something is messed up in DLBRacing. John and I have registered for the Enduro, but it did not put my name in the list, it put in my class and car as my name? Also, it says there are zero enduro entrants.
    Eddie
    ex RX3 and GTI driver

Eddie,
    Possibly because they needed to close/eliminate the Enduro due to lack of interest?

At this point, I don't care about the Enduro, but if they cancel this weekend AFTER the event last weekend at MAM, I am going to have a hissy fit on behalf of my driver.
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

Default Hey...

Lesley...What happened at MAM???

Quote Originally Posted by OTLimit View Post
    Eddie,
    Possibly because they needed to close/eliminate the Enduro due to lack of interest?

At this point, I don't care about the Enduro, but if they cancel this weekend AFTER the event last weekend at MAM, I am going to have a hissy fit on behalf of my driver.
    Mark Andrews
    ITS '92 BMW 325is
    St. Louis

We didn't go to MAM because Chris planned on going to Memphis (it's a lot closer to home). If they had announced last week that they were going to cancel Memphis, Chris probably would have gone to MAM. You can not go messing with the calendar this late in the year; it can really mess with the points and can leave a bad taste in your mouth. I would go as far as to say that I was glad to see that St Louis region canceled the Halloween weekend very early in the season so that drivers could plan appropriately.
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

They already had one cancellation this year, I'm sure they are waiting til the very last second in the hopes there will be enough entries to justify the event.

Will it be a serious inconvenience if they cancel at the last minute? Yes, but I've canceled on them at the last minute before as an entrant, so I'll understand.

You've got to leave your region with enough $$$ to survive an economy like this.
    Eddie
    ex RX3 and GTI driver

In reality, having seen others caught in a "bad place" points-wise, we attempt to never put ourselves in that place (do most racing early in the year). And the reality is that Chris WANTS to do Memphis and didn't really care about MAM. Especially with IT being last race at MAM (with a 7-hr drive to get home), if I recall correctly.

With the economy the way it is, I expect that the scheduling meetings this winter will be very interesting.
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

We start packing in 7 hours. Is there the remotest possibility that this event is going to be canceled? I need to know before I lock down my vacation request. I don't want to take Friday off and wind up doing honey-do's 'cause I ain't on my way to the track
    Eddie
    ex RX3 and GTI driver