My name is Mark Downing (yes Matt's brother) and I am going to run the IT Fest weekend. I have not been racing in 2 years and I have a new civic that I will be running that weekend. The car will meet all ITA specs, but the motor is a generation newer. I was going to run ITE, but I am not sure I want to be on track with all the high HP cars. Normally this would not bother me, but I am learning a new car and trying to knock the rust off at the same time. My question is does any driver have an issue with me running in this group? I would start from the back on both races and would be moved to last in class at the finish. I understand if this does not work for you, but wanted to ask the question. If any driver has an issue with this, I will not ask to run in your group. I am looking forward to running ITA in the future because my brother has a lot of respect for all the IT drivers and it's just damn good racing. He has done a lot to make this Honda happen for me and I'm looking forward to trying front wheel drive. I will have no hard feelings if any driver does not think this is OK, but just had to ask.

Thanks,
Mark Downing