I'm (very) new here, and had a few questions about part applications for SCCA IT/S or /R classification/building, with respect to a 1995 BMW 325is (total build up from street car).
1. Are polycarb or Lexan windshields allowed, or is that still under the "any other modification" ban? I know it is specifically addressed in the Super Touring, but my reading of the IT GCR didn't leave me with a satifactory answer. (Related: where to buy windshield clips, or do you have to fab. your own?)
2. Are adjustable rear control arms replaceable w/ aftermarket parts for the purposes of camber correction, or are you restricted to monkeying around, trying to twist/pry/hammer stock parts into correct camber? I've done repair shop alignment stuff with OEM connecters, and it's a serious PiTA.
3. Are coil-overs allowed in the IT/S cars? I've seen some postings that indicate that coil-overs are used in IT/R, but my reading of the GCR was that all non-stock-position coils were banned for all IT applications.
4. Lastly, can you alter your rear differential/final drive cover? Reading the GCR literally, IT rule 4.A says you can have any final drive assembly so long as it fits inside the stock housing. Maybe I'm slicing the bologna too thin here, but that seems to only be limiting what sort of differential assembly you can put in, without addressing the housing itself. Even if you can't replace the cover (I'm thinking one of those Rogue Engineering 3 quart capacity with fins, from Turner Motorsport), can I drill/tap in order to run a diff. fluid cooler assembly?

Miscellanious other questions:
What sort of oil pan/pump upgrades & alterations need to be done to the 92-95 325's to make them trackworthy, without underlubing in high-g turns/braking? Anyone got some recommendations?
Likewise for fuel cells/pumps/regulators; anyone have an opinion on what systems are good? I was looking at the Jegs kit, part #100805, along with a JAZ fuel cell, part #252-116-01 (also at Jegs.com). I was thinking that replacing the stock fuel tank would be better safety and convenience wise, as well as upgrading the pump/filter assemblies and lines. Am I totally missing something, or getting something wrong? Any thoughts are appreciated. Oh yeah, and I also wanted to use the stock fuel tank position for a differential cooling mount.
Are drag 'chutes ever put on, just in case something goes entirely FUBAR, or am I being too paranoid about safety?
Lastly: what are people's thoughts on gauges, data gathering, and display/storage for IT/S or /R racing? What's necessary, what's worthless, who makes good gauges/kits?
Thanks for any input.