Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: July Fastrack

Default July Fastrack

...is up at http://www.scca.com/documents/Fastra...-july-club.pdf

Without even looking at it yet, I can tell you that some IT items went to the Board late, after our May conference call got postponed by a problem with the phone system. IT items might be thin on the ground but that will make August EXTRA fun!

:026:

K

yea, nothing for this month. But, the floodgates are beginning to open, as the last i's have been dotted and the t's crossed in our internal refinement procedure.

If you've sent a letter, don't despair, you will see something soon. And don't feel too singled out....lot's of letters have been delayed. Certain easy ones have been taken care of but many were more involved.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    IT items might be thin on the ground but that will make August EXTRA fun!

K
    I don't know if thin is the word.. Using the find function in adobe acrobat it didn't find a single "IT"
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

Could someone give me a hint as to the two items i sent letters about. brakes and wheels were the basis of the questions.
    Chris

Unsquishable bug on the way!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rx7chris View Post
    Could someone give me a hint as to the two items i sent letters about. brakes and wheels were the basis of the questions.
    Cleared a pretty good list of backlogged items on the June calls. Your requests are in the queue, Chris.

K

whats going on with IT?? what letters have been sent in?? what do they consist of...thanks for your time
    ismael

Responses to letters get published in Fastrack but there's no mechanism for reporting to the membership what's currently on the agenda.

It might be a bit of an overstatement but it's pretty safe to say that if you see an issue being hotly discussed here, SOMEONE has gone to the effort to officially bring it to the attention of the Board - so it gets forwarded to the ITAC. If you see a couple of people concerned about something here, it's less likely to have percolated up to the level where anyone cares enough to write a request.

Everything that gets proposed gets considered, albeit sometimes PAINFULLY slowly, if it counts on other decisions getting made first. The ITAC has been in that position for the past year (quite literally) clarifying and getting consistent about our internal practices, which accounts for some big delays. However, other requests have been stalled because we are forced to dig for technical information, often on older cars that are not well documented.

I'll take this opportunity to (again) mention that, if you want a rule changed, you need to write your request so that it expressly describes NOT ONLY what you don't like, but what you propose should be done.

If you think something is off with a particular car's spec's, you can simply ask for it to be reviewed. If your request is going to require technical information - and most do - you'll move the process along if you provide it, in some form that can be shared electronically (e.g., pdf copies of factory manual).

Finally, remember that the Board (and the ITAC) aren't arbiters of rules interpretations. We can't comment on whether your specific idea is legal or not, or explain how WE interpret rules. That's the responsibility of the protest and appeals process.

K

Kirk -

A fundamental question.....is there a particular reason that "requests for input" are published in fastrack for things like the ECU change, but not for a specific spec line being reviewed?
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

One thing I noticed was that it appears that IT isn't the only category that uses a process to set spec weights.

Quote Originally Posted by tnord View Post
    Kirk -

A fundamental question.....is there a particular reason that "requests for input" are published in fastrack for things like the ECU change, but not for a specific spec line being reviewed?
    Because we don't solicit feedback for "corrections." The only reason we can even DO those without waiting for the new GCR, is that they don't rise to the level of "rules changes." Anything that does is fodder for full member input.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Miller View Post
    One thing I noticed was that it appears that IT isn't the only category that uses a process to set spec weights.
    Yeah it looks like GT3 is getting it's own "great realignment"
    Mike Uhlinger

So the August Fastrack came out today, and I see nothing regarding IT other than a front spoiler/air dam issue from the Court of Appeals. Did I miss something?
    EP 1990 Mazda RX-7 (used to be STU until the turbo cars scared me away, and STL rotary cars require too much ballast)
    ITS/T4 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Chaos View Post
    So the August Fastrack came out today, and I see nothing regarding IT other than a front spoiler/air dam issue from the Court of Appeals. Did I miss something?
    Plenty of stuff came out of the last ITAC meeting but it didn't appear in Fastrack. Don't know why.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

how do we find out what came out of the last meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    how do we find out what came out of the last meeting?
    Officially, you have to wait for it to be published. What the ITAC does is really at the beck & call of the CRB, they actually make the decisions ... the ITAC only provides recommendations.

Unofficially if you want to know what we recommended, talk to an ITAC member privately.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

So I guess it is time we spoke with our BOD reps to see what the holdup is. Gets a little old to have an ITAC that is doing something and a CRB sitting on their collective asses with other more important issues. Given the list of items that have been discussed on this board and the total lack of IT items in fastrack there is something going on behind closed doors. I know some of the CRB visit this board so how about an explanation please.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

I have no explanation but I am thinking that In reality the National Runnoffs are a HUGE part of our "club" both from gaining exposure and gaining respect in the racing industry. IT looks like this fasttrack focused on that. I am guessing they will have more time later in the year and even though we have taken the backseat for now I don't want several things to change until the end of the season anyway. I have the rest of my year budgeted out.

Stephen

That's actually several months of backlogged recommendations from the ITAC, that haven't been acted on - or have been but not announced...? I could be wrong but I unearthed one in response to a member follow-up email from - I think - the April con call, that went to the board but hasn't surfaced in Fastrack. We did miss a call due to telephony issues, and the do-over was late enough that the recommendations from that call didn't get acted on. But that was for one call.

K

Oh come on, I've been waiting for 2 months already. Simple questions don't even get answered. I guess I'm just gonna keep on going and if I get protested they'll have to address it then. I can't even express how disappointed I am right now.
    Chris

Unsquishable bug on the way!!!!!

My advice is just practice being patient. That's what this process taught me.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com