Thread: July Fastrack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default July Fastrack

...is up at http://www.scca.com/documents/Fastra...-july-club.pdf

Without even looking at it yet, I can tell you that some IT items went to the Board late, after our May conference call got postponed by a problem with the phone system. IT items might be thin on the ground but that will make August EXTRA fun!

:026:

K

yea, nothing for this month. But, the floodgates are beginning to open, as the last i's have been dotted and the t's crossed in our internal refinement procedure.

If you've sent a letter, don't despair, you will see something soon. And don't feel too singled out....lot's of letters have been delayed. Certain easy ones have been taken care of but many were more involved.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    IT items might be thin on the ground but that will make August EXTRA fun!

K
    I don't know if thin is the word.. Using the find function in adobe acrobat it didn't find a single "IT"
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

Could someone give me a hint as to the two items i sent letters about. brakes and wheels were the basis of the questions.
    Chris

Unsquishable bug on the way!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rx7chris View Post
    Could someone give me a hint as to the two items i sent letters about. brakes and wheels were the basis of the questions.
    Cleared a pretty good list of backlogged items on the June calls. Your requests are in the queue, Chris.

K

whats going on with IT?? what letters have been sent in?? what do they consist of...thanks for your time
    ismael

Responses to letters get published in Fastrack but there's no mechanism for reporting to the membership what's currently on the agenda.

It might be a bit of an overstatement but it's pretty safe to say that if you see an issue being hotly discussed here, SOMEONE has gone to the effort to officially bring it to the attention of the Board - so it gets forwarded to the ITAC. If you see a couple of people concerned about something here, it's less likely to have percolated up to the level where anyone cares enough to write a request.

Everything that gets proposed gets considered, albeit sometimes PAINFULLY slowly, if it counts on other decisions getting made first. The ITAC has been in that position for the past year (quite literally) clarifying and getting consistent about our internal practices, which accounts for some big delays. However, other requests have been stalled because we are forced to dig for technical information, often on older cars that are not well documented.

I'll take this opportunity to (again) mention that, if you want a rule changed, you need to write your request so that it expressly describes NOT ONLY what you don't like, but what you propose should be done.

If you think something is off with a particular car's spec's, you can simply ask for it to be reviewed. If your request is going to require technical information - and most do - you'll move the process along if you provide it, in some form that can be shared electronically (e.g., pdf copies of factory manual).

Finally, remember that the Board (and the ITAC) aren't arbiters of rules interpretations. We can't comment on whether your specific idea is legal or not, or explain how WE interpret rules. That's the responsibility of the protest and appeals process.

K