Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: cam "blue printing"

Man, Hollis has a had a checkered history, eh? (i'm not saying the motives or intent for the two issues are related, just observing, LOL)
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Very much so, it would appear. Read this thread, with attention to post #453.

Hollis is the same person who, a few years back at the same event, showed a letter purported to be from Honda claiming that there was a so-called "tow package" for a Civic that allowed the final drive parts found on the car. Reference that here.
    Hero To The Momentum Challenged

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckerboy View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, that engine was for a '99 and was built by Karl Zimmerman of ART, who, interestingly enough, is no longer listed as an advertiser there. The issue was "explained" publicly on the SM web site shortly after that here and in other threads. They also had a similar problem at the same time with a Honda motor built for Andy Hollis at the solo nationals - valve springs shimmed not in accordance with manufacturer's procedures. That resulted in Hollis forfitting his points and earnings for the season.
    I will neither confirm nor deny....
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion

Very much so, it would appear. Read this thread, with attention to post #453.

Hollis is the same person who, a few years back at the same event, showed a letter purported to be from Honda claiming that there was a so-called "tow package" for a Civic that allowed the final drive parts found on the car. Reference that here.
    The tow thing was epic. Written on doctored up Honda stationary IIRC. They tossed him and his (then?) wife Anne (I think she was tossed, maybe not) out for a loooong time, and slapped him with a very large fine. Like thousands, right?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

The Honda thing was true chutzpa, agreed. I had heard about the fines as well. When I next came across the guy he was prepping a Miata for auto-x and writing a series of articles about it in GRM. Thought it was interesting, and then learned that the guy was on the advisory board for autocross, which apparently elicited some howls from that constituency as well. I guess the thought was like in NASCAR, where they put a notorious cheater, Gary Nelson, in charge of tech becaue he would know what was illegal because he'd already done it.

I guess Smokey Yunick didn't want the gig.
    Hero To The Momentum Challenged

Quote Originally Posted by tnord View Post
    For you to presume I'm lying would be a mistake.
    So Travis, pony up some hard evidence to support your position. You're making claims against someone that makes their living on their reputation. Bob has come here, and his been pretty open, IMO. You, all you've done is talk about things you've heard 2nd hand. And if you've actually seen this illegal stuff, as you claim, back it up. Otherwise STFU and GTFO.

The Honda thing was true chutzpa, agreed. I had heard about the fines as well. When I next came across the guy he was prepping a Miata for auto-x and writing a series of articles about it in GRM. Thought it was interesting, and then learned that the guy was on the advisory board for autocross, which apparently elicited some howls from that constituency as well. I guess the thought was like in NASCAR, where they put a notorious cheater, Gary Nelson, in charge of tech becaue he would know what was illegal because he'd already done it.

I guess Smokey Yunick didn't want the gig.
    Rob,

It really is amazing the lengths some guys go to, to cheat. I remember several years ago, there was a guy that ran an SSB Acura that went to the trouble (and expense) of having counterfeit springs made. Everything looked exactly as a stock Acura spring would have, yet the rates were totally off. IIRC, when it was put next an actual stock spring, the size of the stock was considerably larger (like 1/4 - 1/3 larger).