Thread: AWD in Improved Touring

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    Playing devil's advocate then, Raymond - why would anyone want to run, say, a 4000 Quattro rather than a Coupe?
    Some say love. I say it could be hate.

I'm a Ford guy, would like to race a Ford in IT. I think the SVT Focus looks pretty cool. But, it is FWD and I will not use my money to build a FWD race car. It is just wrong. Now, if the Focus was AWD, well then I'd consider building an AWD SVT Focus for IT.

And yes, I know all about the AWD systems that might default to FWD and so on. But hate is irrational and so might my reason for considering building an AWD version of a car but not the FWD counterpart.

I say let us some AWD cars in IT. You guys can debate relative merits on the interwebz all day long but I don't think you'll find a clear solution until you class some AWD in IT. Besides, we're talking about a handful of eligible cars here and the ITAC now has the power to correct mistakes.

How many cars are we talking about that are 1) NA, 2) aren't forced induction, 3) Have hp that fits in the IT framework? Four? Five? Three? Class em up.

Ron
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 06-27-2009 at 02:44 PM.