Thread: Finding Tires in So-Cal.....

Default Finding Tires in So-Cal.....

So where does every one get their Ho-Ho's? Anyone buy from Hoosier West in Fresno? They do seem geared to the roundy-round and drag race set. Or are we going to stand with a gentilman's agreement and run Nitto's?
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

im planing on running nitto's.....sorrry just thought id throw that in there lol

Hey James.

I get my Hoosiers from Ron at AIM (Sears Point)

Though I just tried those new BFGs. They seem as fast as the Hoosiers and they seem to hold up for more cycles.

I wonder if anyone else has tried them?
    John Norris
    #07 ITS/R BMW 325is
    #07 ITS BMW 325
    Sponsors:
    GREEN FLASH BEER
    GT International BMW Service since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by NORRIS View Post
    Hey James.

Though I just tried those new BFGs. They seem as fast as the Hoosiers and they seem to hold up for more cycles.

James, Hoosier Tire West is now coming to SFR road races in person. They have been good to me, although AIM has been excellent too.

Hoosier Tire West is the west coast distributor, BTW, so pretty much every California retailer is buying their tires from HTW.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    So where does every one get their Ho-Ho's? Anyone buy from Hoosier West in Fresno? They do seem geared to the roundy-round and drag race set. Or are we going to stand with a gentilman's agreement and run Nitto's?
    John,
    Talk to Robert Perryman at HW, that's who I get mine from. If you ever want me to pick them up for you and bring em to BW let me know.
    Rodger Ward
    #18.....till i die
    84 Dodge Shelby ITB
    cut the crap!

Quote Originally Posted by ismaelae86 View Post
    im planing on running nitto's.....sorrry just thought id throw that in there lol
    Nothing to be sorry about. Nitto's are a good tire, probably better than the RA-1's I've been running. If I could talk John into running them, then I might be running them too.

Quote Originally Posted by NORRIS View Post
    Hey James.

John, who's your source for the BfG's? Tirerack? How many more heat cycles can you get out of them? I seemed to have heat cycled my last set of RA-1's so as long as I don't flat spot them, and I think I've got that fixed by removing the ABS pump and adding a proprotioning valve, I should be able to heat cycle any tire out. Oh, I thought I'd read that Hoosier had updated their compound to be both faster and not heat cycle out as quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    James, Hoosier Tire West is now coming to SFR road races in person. They have been good to me, although AIM has been excellent too.

Hoosier Tire West is the west coast distributor, BTW, so pretty much every California retailer is buying their tires from HTW.
    Thanks Josh, I'll probably be giving them a call..

Quote Originally Posted by rlward View Post
    John,
    Talk to Robert Perryman at HW, that's who I get mine from. If you ever want me to pick them up for you and bring em to BW let me know.
    Thanks for the offer Rodger, I may take you up on that.

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter