Thread: New "development" racing series revealed!

Default New "development" racing series revealed!

I've been enjoying reading all of the race reports so far this season, and I'm anxious to join the action, but was called earlier than expected this spring to work on a new race series and assist with some young driver development.

Here's a sneak peak for the Northeast Division IT crowd of a new "development" series to help feed the SCCA racing ranks for years to come - Spec Cozy Coupe - and our newest driver in the series, Sitota Levine. I hope that we will be able to make an appearance soon at a racetrack near you (as soon as I find time to wrench on my own car).

-noam
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -noam

On racing hiatus for a while
    NER SCCA

Noam,

I am a store manager for Toys R US up in concord NH. Almost everyear we have Power Wheel races in the parking lot... Maybe I should let my RVP know and see if we can become a corporate sponsor of your series

On a serious note... as kids get older kids want whats impossible to get and every year we have an impossible to get toy... if you ever need that impossible toy PM me and I'll see what I can do!

Love the cozy coupe idea! I may steal the idea from you!
    Stephen

CPM Motorsports is looking to sponsor a new driver in a development series to replace it's "old tread" - this has huge promise

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

I'm damaged but I can't help picturing a flock of those things going 12 wide into T1, banging fenders. Drivers flipping each other off and throwing their helmets after climbing out of their bent Cozy Car, perched on top of a tire wall...

Post-race impound could have lollypops instead of cool washcloths.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    I'm damaged but I can't help picturing a flock of those things going 12 wide into T1, banging fenders. Drivers flipping each other off and throwing their helmets after climbing out of their bent Cozy Car, perched on top of a tire wall...

Post-race impound could have lollypops instead of cool washcloths.

K
    ARRC fun in the making. Who's gonna commentate?
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post

Post-race mandatory time out could have lollypops instead of cool washcloths.

K
    One fix and it's good for any race this year...
    Hero To The Momentum Challenged

If you can bring the registration numbers, Butch Kummer will create a Cozy Coupe class at the ARRC, for sure. Maybe he would have to consider a race length less than 20 laps though.
    Bill

Now that is cool.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Damn, and I just sold one of those at a yard sale!!!!! I could have rented it...
    Enjoy,
    Bill

If the track wasn't worried about the liability coverage, I could EASILY see a CozyCoupe class at the ARRC by GRM. The start line would be up by Turn Three, then come down the hill toward Turn One with the finish line about the 100 marker (in full view of those partying at the Chalet)!

This would obviously be after all the sessions were completed on Friday, and penalties would be applied for spilling the (required) adult beverage.
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Quote Originally Posted by EV View Post
    Damn, and I just sold one of those at a yard sale!!!!! I could have rented it...
    Or given it to a fellow racer that has a small one dying to get into one.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

Congratulations Noam to you and your wife. Enjoy your new family.
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Finally we'll see some real talent in a series! My son has a similar type of car - SCCA and Kessler Engineering decals going on it this week. Although he sure does seem to enjoy Jeff Lawton's plastic Saturn more.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing